“Always great for dinners”
Review of Hector's Bistro

Hector's Bistro
Ranked #2 of 370 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Open for lunch and dinner. Perfect for couples, small groups and special occasions. Cozy ambiance, great music and incredible food. .
Copan, Honduras
“Always great for dinners”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had a early evening dinner and tried the roasted tomatoes with gouda cheese and dressing. This was not the best choice, the roasted tomatoes were cold and pre-cooked.
Then we shared the grilled duck breast, which was excellent and done to our liking; medium rare. It was served with a potatoand carrot dauphinoise which was again cold and pre-cooked. I suggest to put it on the grill a bit before serving.
The open faced beef tenderloin sandwich was good, but not a good choice for taking home, because it was difficult to eat as the meat is one big piece and difficult to cut.
Great french fries (pommes frites)

Visited August 2013
HBISTRO A, Owner at Hector's Bistro, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review for our viewers. I wanted to clear out somethings and doubts that you may have had on our menu, The roasted Tomatoes are slowly roasted in house and therefore they take a while in the oven to cook, we do not serve it hot. I am glad that our duck was to your liking and i apologize for the potatoes not being hot enough for you. They also take a long time in the oven to bake. When it comes to take out meals, the sandwich may not be the best choice to take out, The beef is sliced in three slices and placed over the open sandwich, and not really easy to eat without a fork and knife.

Thanks again for your insights and hope you can come and enjoy our wonderful daily specials we offer.

• Korean first
Patzcuaro, Michoacan
“Wonderful meal”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The McGeoughs have a great little place here. I came in alone and they were very busy, so I shared a table with another solo diner and we had a great time. The food was incredible. I had the medallions which were as good as I've ever eaten. You absolutely cannot go wrong eating here. Very convenient, right next to La Merced. Look for the tiny "H". Keep up the good work, Nate!

• Visited August 2013
Antigua, Guatemala
“Easily one of the best...”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

After hearing some great and some just okay reviews of this place, I decided to give it a try and am I glad that I did. The beef tenderloin (lomito de res) is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!! The white wine sauce that accompanies the dish is made to perfection and is a true compliment to the bed of spinach and the potato a la carte. Definitely a 5-star meal at a great price. They also offer great wine pairings for the meals offered, though I did not personally try any. Give this restaurant a try, you won't regret it and it's a cute quaint restaurant perfect for almost any occasion.

HBISTRO A, Owner at Hector's Bistro, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your response on our restaurant. We thrive on people that give us great comments and we wish to keep up with our service and quality of food. All in all, we just wanted to thank you for your positive comments and hope you will return the next time you happen to be in Antigua.
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Best Meal in Antigua”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were recommded Hector's by a local on our last day in Antigua. Our lunch was the by far the best meal we had in Antigua and we had a lot of great meals. The owners (Canadian/Guatamalan couple) are both chefs and offered some great plates. I wish we had found it earlier in our trip!

1 Thank Tricia W
HBISTRO A, Owner at Hector's Bistro, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Hello again! I wanted to thank you for your great comment, its customers like you that keep us going and knowing that we are doing a great job in serving our clients.
Hope we can see you again at the restaurant when ever you make your way back to antigua.
Cedar Park, Texas
“H t-shirt”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Loved the unique food taste, had a pleasant table by the window overlooking Le Merced. Regrettably they were out of their t-shirts, which have a H formed by a knife, fork and spoon. My favorite eating place for the 4 days we were in Antigua.