“Delicious Food”

Ranked #2 of 376 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Open for lunch and dinner. Perfect for couples, small groups and special occasions. Cozy ambiance, great music and incredible food. .
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Delicious Food”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had the duck and it was wonderful! It may be hard to find because it doesn't have an outside sign, but it is very near the arch and people nearby can direct you if you get lost. A nice place to have dinner one night.

Visited February 2013

• Korean first
United Kingdom
“Best creme brulee IN THE WORLD!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I fell in love with Antigua the minute I arrived, and when I discovered this amazing bistro I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!
I have eaten in Hector's several times: on my own and with friends.
Each time I have indulged in a creme brulee, as they really are THE BEST IN THE WORLD!
I think my favourite is the one infused with Rosemary, howvever the passion fruit one comes a very close second.
All of the food is delicious, and I think it's because it is cooked with love and passion.
I have sat at every table in the restaurant. The first time I ate there I sat up at the high table that separates the kitchen from the restaurant. It was fascinating to see the team at work. Cooking so calmy when the restaurant was jammed packed with hungry customers.
Could I say which is my favourite meal...???...no I couldn't. And that's because they are ALL delicioso.
I'll add that you get unlimited free drinking water, and a plate of olives when you arrive.
It is a lovely atmosphere and easy to walk to wherever you are staying in town.
If you are on holiday in Antigua, go here for your first meal, because you will be back!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank MagicDawn
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Intimate atmosphere and a great steak”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The salad was generous (huge!) and the homemade balsamic was wonderful. Steak sandwich wasn't what I meant to order (best to have decent Spanish speaking skills), but a great accident it was.

• Visited February 2013
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
“A gourmet experience in a bijou setting.”
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We were delighted to find this extraordinary restaurant. Simple but bold food cooked in view of your table.
We enjoyed the squash soup ( the staff soup of the day) and the flavoursome roasted tomatoes.
To follow we all had the special of the day, chicken breasts stuffed with spinach,leeks and lime.
All washed down with a nice bottle of Chilean Malbec.
Hector we salute you !

Houston, Texas
“I get the hype”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Outstanding food, friendly and courteous service. My wife and I enjoyed the filet minion, that was cooked exactly to our liking, and the roasted tomato with herbs was simply delicious. We found that the beer selection was one of the best to be found in Antigua, enjoyed a break from Gallo and had a few Stellas. Overall we give Hectors 5 stars and look forward to our next visit.