“Cosy mountain getaway”
Review of Earth Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Antigua
Earth Lodge
Ranked #6 of 115 Specialty Lodging in Antigua
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the earth lodge for a couple of nights while backpacking in Guatemala and liked it so much I came back again. It's very easy to get to from Antigua via the shuttle and as soon as you arrive you feel miles away from the town with the views of the mountains. The lodge itself is very cosy and homely with a real fire and the food was always delicious. I stayed in the dorm room which was very acceptable with lots of warm blankets. During the day there is the opportunity to hike around the beautiful surroundings and try to find the waterfall. This is certainly a very relaxing place to come for a few day to enjoy the views, food and scenery and I was made to feel very at home. Thank you earth lodge :)

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Analouisa

Reviewed January 8, 2013

What an amazing place to relax, meet new people and enjoy nature. I stayed at the Earth Lodge for 2 nights. The staff are extremely accommodating, friendly and even know your name! I came here feeling under the weather and sprung back to health in no time thanks to some TLC =)

The food is amazing! Sooo many fruits and vegetables! The soups, breakfasts, sandwiches are awesome! I highly suggest staying for dinner. It is served 'family style' which fosters amazing conversations, laughs and wine!

All in all, this has been a great escape from the crowded and noisy streets of Antigua. COME! that is all I have to say :)

Keep shinning ~

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank WillowEm
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My friends and I visited this hostel/restaurant for a Sunday-funday. They have a beautiful property with gorgeous views of the local volcanoes and Antigua. It is well off the beaten path but cheap shuttles are available. They had great food and live music at the barbecue, I would recommend a stop here to all travelers.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Gorgeous, tranquil, fantastic staff....amazing views. The moment you arrive, there is a fantastic relaxed vibe that immediately takes effect. A place not to be missed. Every night there is a delicious vegetarian meal, well worth the amount charged. The Casa Buena Vista cabin was delightful! Just what we needed after a few hot days at the beach. I will return.

Room Tip: Casa Buena Vista...has a bathroom next door with a wonderful hot shower. The tree houses are lovely...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ak_gypsy949
Reviewed December 20, 2012

After spending a few days in Antigua, we were looking for a quite place. We found a flyer of this beautiful Eco minded lodge. The view is spectacular, the owners and volunteers were very friendly. We just booked one night, but wanted to stay longer. Even though they were fully booked, they pitched up a tent for us. All facilities were well maintained and clean, the food and drinks healthy and fresh. If you want to escape the crowds from Antigua, this is a good place to go.

Ps, there is no swimming pool nor a fitness centre, but I couldn't deselect them in the rating:)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lisettesurfs
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Friends had recommended Earth Lodge as a "Must do" whilst in Antigua. We decided to give it a go and were not disappointed. I think it is safe to say that it is one of our favourite places that we have visited during our time in Guatemala.

Booking was really easy. We emailed Earth Lodge and they were quick to respond and their emails had a welcoming, friendly tone to them. We were lucky to be able to book the Delux Tree Cabin which has floor to ceiling windows and amazing views. I say lucky as I really would recommend booking in advance as all rooms get booked up quickly. We chose to pay via paypal and this was also quick and easy. Earth Lodge simply send you a payment request and off you go.

You can chose what time you want to go to the Lodge and this is also super easy too. The Lodge runs a reasonably priced shuttle service. You can simply let the guys know when you would like to be collected, and at which of their collection points and that is that.

If you stay the night (you can just visit for the day) there is a set vegetarian, family style meal. I was a bit dubious about this as A) I like to have the choice of what I eat/what am paying for, and B) I'm a bit fussy and was concerned I might not like it. It was so not something I needed to worry about. The food was delicious, so so good. There was great variety to suit everyone and plenty of it. Great value for money. On Saturday there is a meat option for a small additional cost.

The Earth Lodge overlooks the valley between the volcanos Agua, Fuego and Acatenango and is just stunning. As soon as we got there we felt relaxed and at home. The staff are wonderful. Friendly, helpful and welcoming without being over the top. We really couldn't have been happier with our room. It was excellent. Really clean and the bed was very comfortable.

On the Sunday there is live music and a bbq (with meat this time). The food was again delicious and it was wonderful to chill out in a hammock in the sun whilst listening to the music.

Enjoy your stay at Earth Lodge :-)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We are in Guatemala for volunteer work and on Sunday we decided to pay a visit to Earth Lodge. We called them and took their shuttle and the last 300 meter you walk to their spit. Absolutely great views and very relaxing. Nice BBQ food and some nice life music. Dan the guitarist shared the ride up the place with us.
A great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple