“One of the highlights of Guatemala!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Earth Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Antigua
Earth Lodge
France
“One of the highlights of Guatemala!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

Earthlodge is the place. The rooms are beautifully constructed cabins in the middle of nature, the food is made from scratch with organic ingredients and dinner is one great idea: gathers all he guests around the sam table making them know eachother. The view is breathtaking and the staff is absolutely amazing. They are working on some prjects that involves the local school and children so if interested you can also help saving the world!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JeanFFrance

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

I wanted to spend New Years somewhere different and I heard about Earth Lodge from a friend, he told me it was amazing so I decided to try it myself. To get there was not very hard because we called them and they gave us great directions. We stayed at the dorm, camped and also stayed at the beautiful cabin, so I can say I tried it all and I LOVED IT! met so many amazing people and had the best new year experience! Great service and staff! Prices are incredible too! If you are in Antigua you Must add it to ur list! enjoy!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank mafspal
Split, Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

Earth Lodge is one of the best places i have ever stayed in.
Amazing accommodation (5 options!), relaxed staff, tasty and healthy food, spectacular view and most important...good cause - they support local school activities and are open for any kind of help. Oh, i forgot, there is an avocado farm as well.
All in all, great micro project, fantastic example of small business fully integrated into local community and nature.
Thank you guys!!!

Room Tip: ...5 options, check web site and pick one...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank ljubica1975
Copan, Honduras
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

During Semana Santa I was traveling with my parents and grandparents and decided to take a risk on something I knew I would love and hoped they would enjoy. The walk down and up from the drop off/pick up point to the Earth Lodge was the only complaint my traveling companions had, but even that was more than manageable.

The rooms are simple, clean, and quiet. The common room is relaxed, welcoming and comfortable. There are several tables, a large couch, and outdoor seating. It is easy to mingle with other travelers or stay with your group.

The dinner is served family style and is delicious. The staff are very accommodating and the view is spectacular.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Sarah B
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

We stayed in an A-frame private room.
I hate to start out complaining, the A-frame we stayed in was a single skinned building with no insulation and the bed right next to the corrugated metal roof, due to the altitude it gets pretty chilly at night the metal roofing just absorbes all the heat leaving me cold and stiff.
That and the walk down into the place from the road were the bad points.
They have a communal meal in the evening (both nights we were there the food was amazing) so everyone sits at bench tables to eat together and makes friends we the people around them.
The views from the place are amazing both during the day and night, whilst we were there a volcano was giving off smoke on the horizon.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank andy201071
Riverview, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2011

The Earth Lodge was incredible... the cabins were great (I recommend the tree cabin if you are travelling with 3 or 4 people), the food was to die for (all vegetarian and made on location), and the views were amazing! The only thing about Earth Lodge is that the location is hard to get to, and they have a guy who will drive you up to it part of the way in the back of a truck... and you walk the rest! It's hard if you have heavy luggage! But, it's worth the walk... stay for at least one night!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
bkk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2011

Very nice place, very nice setting, and well maintained. However I found the manager very inhospitable (owner was not there) and that can screw your visit. Nothing really serious happened (except that on my arrival at 1530, I politely asked if I can get something small to eat, as I did not eat for the day and started a volunteer work at 5 am. I was replied that the kitchen closed at 3pm – even if there was still someone there and would have been happy with a sandwich or whatever they could get me – I was furthermore the only guest of the whole lodge that day). Furthermore, in my 3 days of stay, I didn't see a smile or a good morning. The fact that the manager was not speaking (and apparently not understanding) Spanish was also shocking to me.
A part from that, the rest of the staff was great and helpful when available.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo