“more rooms than a hotel”
Review of Hotel Casa Luna

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Antigua
Hotel Casa Luna
Ranked #29 of 134 Antigua B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 21, 2012

very good value and Marco is super friendly but it needs thicker walls.also you live in his house not separate. very central for the language schools.safe.

Room Tip: with bath is better.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Casa Luna

Reviewed February 3, 2012

My sister and I decided to come to Guatemala over Thanksgiving and we booked this hotel at the recommendation of a friend who had stayed here in the past. The owner is great, happy and patient to those of us with limited Spanish.This is not a super luxurious hotel but not everyone is looking for that or can afford that. The location is good, the hotel is clean and has warm but not hot showers. The beds were not great but fine for a short trip. The owner helped us with transportation which was really helpful. The place could become a bit noisy too early in the morning for my taste but overall a nice little hotel for the price.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I moved here for my final nights in Antigua after the place I was in didn't have availability for my extended stay. The room was v large and had natural light with a window. It was on the back and quiet for sleeping which was a bonus. Apparently there was a roof terrace but it was being refurbished. I wasn't there long enough to need any info about touirs of anything but there was something a little odd about the place - I never saw other guests but did hear someone having a row with the owner. The original price quoted was higher than Casa Cristina next door which it doens't warrent.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2012

There are not enough positive things I can say about Casa Luna! Mario and his staff are wonderful,genuine people who make you feel like family. Mario arranged all the tours for me including a visit to the volcano pecaya, transportation to lake Atitlan and Flores to see Tikal. As a woman traveling in a foreign country alone, safety is very important. Mario arranged for all the transportation to be safe, provided by people he works with on a regular basis. Mario also invited me to his home on Christmas eve and his family is as wonderful as he is. Because he lived in the US for many years before returning to his native Guatemala, he speaks perfect English and his quite familiar with other cultures. The rooms in casa Luna are very clean, there is plenty of storage space and there are hot showers ( not the easiest thing to find in Guatemala). I would recommend this place to anyone and I'm looking forward to bringing my family there in the future.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I stayed here with my boyfriend for a week in February. If you want a clean, cheap accommodation, good location and a helpful and friendly owner; this is the place to be. If you expect a 5 star hotel, look elsewhere. Mario is just a great guy. He has a lot of knowledge about the city and he can help to arrange tours and transportation. There is also wifi and a kitchen if you wanna make your own food. We were suppose to stay for 2 nights, but ended up staying for a week. Staying with him is reason enough to select this B&B. We´ll definitely come back, if we´re ever in Antigua. Thanks Mario!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the upstairs room if it´s available!
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Very nice hostel in Antigua.
Mario, the manager, is very friendly and helpful.
Rooms are a bit dark but comfortable, and the bathroom is clean. Nice hot shower (a great thing coming from Nicaragua!) with a clean electric heater.

A bit far away from the center - which is not a bad thing at the end - and close to Iglesia La Merced.
Would definitely come back to that place.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2011

This place doesn't have a ton of frills, but the owner is great. We had a great experience there and were plenty comfortable. The "suicide shower" the previous reviewer wrote about is the electric heated shower, which is one of the nicest I've seen in the years I've spent in Latin America. The kitchen was stocked with everything you need which is a nice change from the hostels that want you to eat at their restaurant.

Mario was up for our 3:30am departure to get to the Guatemala City Airport - that he arranged for definitely the best price we found in town. Wireless worked well. Overall, good value for the money.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends