“Beautiful property, beautiful room.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Los Pasos

Hotel Los Pasos
Ranked #10 of 82 Hotels in Antigua
Silverton, Oregon
“Beautiful property, beautiful room.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

I had two double beds in my room for a single person and I had plenty of space. Bathroom was large and had robes and bottled water. The breakfast of fresh fruit and pancakes was tasty. There were several breakfast choices. My breakfast was served on upper terrace. The service I received was excellent and front receptionist spoke English which was helpful to me. I found this hotel spacious and comfortable. There was a birthday party in the restaurant that ran late and was quite loud. Sound carries. Staff did quiet them around 11p.m. Hotel is within walking distance of main square. I had no difficulty exploring and finding my way around town. I loved Antigua. I was here to attend a writing workshop at Lake Atitlan. The night at this hotel was part of our workshop fee so am not sure of the price paid. It was more than the $20 I paid for three other nights at a small b&b. But it was hugely nicer too!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank atwell4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

I was stuffed in a room next to the garden, heard fighting cats at 4am, my fiance heard people having sex the whole night keeping her awake, and the service for the breakfast was nonexistent. For 85.00 a night this place was highway robbery, would not pay 30.00 for a night for there, never going back,

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sbronste
Harbert, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

I am a high-maintenance world traveler. I have lots of unusual requirements that are not on a list of hotel amenities. Hotel Los Pasos is high on my list as one of the most authentically charming and well-serviced hotels I have ever had the opportunity to visit. Marta, Adela and the rest of the staff went the extra mile every day to make sure my needs were met. The gardens and rooftop terrace provided the ambiance of this lovely boutique hotel. The food was delicious. My room was spacious, comfortable and tastefully decorated. The upgrade to a junior suite was worth the extra $10.00 per night. The fireplace was an added bonus as some of the nights were chilly. A staff member will come into your room to build the fire and provide extra wood if you want. The hotel refills a basket of sweets and snacks every day. But be well advised; they DO charge for these goodies as well as for the bottled water. All in all my one week stay was completely memorable. There are a few things worth mentioning...... The rooms are arranged around a courtyard so I would not describe them as "sunny". There is a school behind the hotel so rooms on the far side can be a bit noisy around 7AM. Not a problem if you are an early riser. Hotel Los Pasos is in a less travelled side of town. It is very restful but restaurants and shops are several blocks away. I did discover a tiny bar at the end of the block that serves a small but select menu of homemade food. Try the eggplant....Muy delicioso!! I highly recommend Hotel Los Pasos to those NOT travelling with young children.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank twoqanil
Guatemala City, Guatemala
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed for a night on this hotel, as I had a wedding in Antigua. It was my first time. When you walk in the sight is beautiful. The staff is very nice and helpful. The only "but" I have is that the rooms are too small. Incredibly small. Almost no place to put the bags, and we didn´t had big ones because we were just for one night. I have to admit I only saw the double rooms, so I don´t know if the single room at least feels bigger. The bathroom was clean, but is already a bit old and no hot water in the shower. Also something that I have to say is that because all the windows overlook the hallway and the center "patio", you can hear the carts of the cleaning ladies and all the wheels from other guests luggage, which at 7am is not a nice thing to hear. The hotel is not cheap, and I think for the prize you can get a better deal in another hotel, but I do think its an option, although I don´t recommend it for travelers who are staying for a long period of time.

Room Tip: Room number 6 (double room) is in a corner so its quieter and a little bigger.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

The rooms are clean and nicely furnished. Grounds are beautful. It's quiet. BUT - the rooms smell damp, they are cold, and worst of all, the water in the shower is tepid at best. We stayed here one night. Were told the system is brand new and they didn't know why it didn't work. Two days later we came back and were given a different room. Tested the water before we decided to stay. Yep, still tepid. The manager insisted it was hot and was not very happy. We left and went to El Meson de Maria. A much better experience there.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rainy_day_travelers
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

This small family owned hotel (17 rooms) is the perfect location in Antigua...away from the busy central square but walking distance (or a quick tuktuk ride) to everything. Each room is unique with lovely handcrafted details and linens beyond belief. Be sure to enjoy the volcano views from the rooftop terrace. The interior courtyards provide quiet luxury with the impecable gardens and charming fountains. The property is antique and the charming details of each room (we were with a group so we visited nearly every room!) will surprise you at every turn. The bathrooms feature beautiful handcrafted tiles, with tubs like you have never seen. The staff are discreet and english speaking and the computer access is free, but you will be so entranced you will forget about checking your email! I can't wait to return to Guatemala and Los Pasos.

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms, some are petit while others are 2 story with a fireplace.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

I must say for 17 room hotel this place rocked! rooms where clean, spaciest, staff was friendly, professional, the free breakfast every morning rocked! i would reccomend this place to everyone for the price .A 5 minute walk to the center of town,

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the fountain court
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends