“Excellent stay!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Antigua
Hotel Los Nazarenos
Ranked #52 of 75 Hotels in Antigua
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My friend and I stayed 2 nights here in April 2013 after Casa Luna and Casa Cristina were both full. Friendly and fun owner, clean and spacious room, nicely decorated terrace and public area.great location and great view. We end up with great stay here. Would stay again if we have a chance to visit Antigua again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Los Nazarenos

Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at Nazarenos in Feb 2013. We had no hotel reservation in Antigua and arrived in town after 8:00 pm.

We originally tried Casa Cristina as our book gave it good reviews, however there was no availability.

The man who answered the door at Nazarenos welcomed us immediately and showed us to our room on the second floor. The room was clean, and the shower was hot. We originally thought we would look for a bigger place, but the next morning when we had a chance to see how much character the place had in daylight and realized the great location it had we asked if we could stay another night.

I'm not sure if it was the owners or staff who looked after us but both were very friendly and helpful and made us feel at home. The courtyard was lovely and the upstairs terrace had great views of the volcano and Antigua.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank C C
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Please disregard older reviews that state this place is run down. It is clean and has a fresh coat of paint. The staff is SUPER kind and attentive. I am looking out the window of my room and staring at an amazing view of the volcano.

I have previously stayed at Casa Cristina, which has a great rating and is next door to here. It is not nearly as nice, the room I stayed in was actually kind of depressing. Stay here over staying there if you have a choice, despite the negative reviews this place received several years ago.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mackmost
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The owner/staff were incredibly kind and generous. Our room was immaculate and it was the best sleep we've had in a long time (except for the church bells Sunday morning). The shower was the best we've had in all of central America! I highly recommend it for anyone who has been beat up by cheap hostels to re-energize in order to continue their travels :)

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alicia C
Reviewed June 17, 2012

This hotel has a lot going for it - very friendly hosts, nice courtyard, great views in some of the rooms, low price (160 quetzales / $20 USD for a private room with a great volcano view in low season), great location.

But - it just needs cleaning. The sheets and blankets had small stains and had a little smell, a cockroach climbed on the bed right when I was about to go to sleep, and under the bed looked nasty. It's not even close to the worst I've seen in Guatemala, but I wanted some clean & comfort in Antigua after travelling through the jungle and small towns. If they deep cleaned the rooms and bedding, I would have stayed more than one night.

I moved to Casa Cristina next door, and the difference was night-and-day - Casa Cristina was spotless in comparison, but 120 quetzales ($15 USD) more per night for a similar room with windows and a view (the most expensive room they had) - it was worth it to me for the cleanliness (and the rooms were more colorful and charming).

Also - no Internet at Los Nazarenos although my room did get a strong wi-fi signal from next door Fernando's Kaffee (if you use it, make sure to get coffee & breakfast there).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank rackoo
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We spent a couple of hours checking out hotels in Antigua under US$50 per night. I think this one came in around $30 per night and it was great value, had everything we needed. It's on a quiet back street, close to the centre, restaurants, etc, and they are very friendly. Rooms are big, with private bathroom, they clean them for you, and there are common areas to hang out in as well as a rooftop terrace with basic kitchen (fridge and microwave). You do have to ring the bell most times you want to come in the front door which can be a bit annoying but they generally come quickly.

We were travelling with our 1 year old son and they were great with him. A couple of useful finds: the square next to the church on the next block has lots of pidgeons, and there's an ice-cream store across the road from the square that has a kids play area with a train set etc.

Room Tip: We had a room next to the street and it was fine, not noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Shelley D
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We had moved from a much more spacious well manicured B&B to Los Nazarenos so it was a little disappointing at first. We had reserved three rooms so had two on the main floor and one on the second floor. The owner Maggy, worked very hard at accommodating our group and even moved two double beds into a room she thought would be nicer for us that only had a queen been in before. Both Maggy and her husband were very friendly and made it clear they wanted us to be happy there. It is a reasonably priced hotel and in a nice location. Just far enough away from Central Park that it was not noisy and is only a few minute walk to the Arch. It really feels like you are going back in time - the furniture looks like its from 1970. With a little work in the courtyard on the main floor they could do a lot to improve the first impressions as people walk in the door. But saying that they have definitely covered the important things ...they are friendly, it feels very safe and the price is right.

Room Tip: I personally like having a room with a window out to the streets rather than into the hallway. Ther...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends