“The best coffee!”

Cafe Condesa
Ranked #3 of 14 Dessert in Antigua
Cuisines: Cafe, Healthy, International
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Delicious, delectable, fresh, organic...everything homemade and locally sourced. Located on the Central Park of Antigua, Cafe Condesa has been serving locals, nationals and international tourists alike since 1993. It's three outdoor dining areas plus three indoor spaces provide a colonial setting in which to enjoy a meal or a snack. Breakfast is served all day long and our famous "bottomless" cup of 100% Antigua grown coffee has been a mainstay. Come early morning for breakfast, late morning for homemade chai and a muffin, lunchtime for a lovely salad and soup, late afternoon for coffee and cake, evening for a glass of wine and a quiche. A friendly waitstaff and a homey, relaxed atmosphere makes Cafe Condesa a home away from home. Three Cafe Condesa Express located around town, allow you to enjoy our many of our treats on the go.
Tyngsboro, Massachusetts
“The best coffee!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were in Antigua for 10 days and drank lots of coffee. All coffee was good, did not have even one cup of bad coffee, but Café Condesa definitely was overall more consistent. If you're bringing home coffee, whether whole beans or ground, this is where you should buy it - better tasting and pricing than the plantation! Desserts - mmmm, soup and salad great too - you can order a half sandwich if you like. I had one order that was delivered wrong, I eventually got what I wanted - it was a language issue!

• Visited September 2013
Ginger H, Owner at Cafe Condesa, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Isn't Antigua's coffee amazing?? I worked for months when we first started, 20 years ago, to create our own house blend. It has 3 different roasts --- all the Antigua coffee bean --- for flavor, odor and richness. Thanks for the kudos and we´ll await you on your next visit!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Polson, Montana
“Good location average food”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We just spent a month in Antigua. We had coffee and cinnamon rolls at Condesa. The rolls seemed to be old because they were not moist but dry. I have heard good things about the restaurant so we were disappointed when we went there. However, I will go again and see if it was just an off day.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jafa B
Ginger H, Owner at Cafe Condesa, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
HI! I´m assuming it was an off day for Cinnamon Rolls (like too much humidity perhaps??) because they are fresh baked daily and don´t get a chance to get old. Please stop by and try something else. I´m hoping you entered the restaurant, all the way through the bookstore, to get a full selection of pastries and desserts to go with your Antiguan coffee. The Express has many of our offerings, but you´ll find lots more inside!!

Please let me know how it goes and if you have a great experience --- which I am expecting!--- please dish out a few more stars!
Warm regards,
Antigua
“The Hole in the Wall”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I get my espresso there often and the service is superb. their desserts are fresh and the cheesecake is divine. Their scones aren't bad either.

Visited October 2013
CHATTANOOGA, TN
“CAFE CONDESA - GO FOR DESSERTS”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Entering from the main square - Bell's travel on right and a very nice book and
novelty gift shop on left. NOW - move on down the hallway to the café. There are several seating areas, including a small garden with tables. Food and service
was good. We had sandwiches. Another time we had great soup and salad. Typical Guatemalan. An eye-catching display of cakes and pies!! And ever so good - we tried many during our stay. Mighty fine Guatemalan chocolate cake! Trust me on this one! Great place for excellent Guatemalan coffee and dessert.
There is also Condesa Express on the front street one door over. Big gathering place especially at night or anytime for some more of that good coffee and, yes, more dessert.

• Visited July 2013
Ginger H, Owner at Cafe Condesa, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
As a Tennessee girl myself, I´d like to give you a special thank you for recommending us to all! We´re glad you liked our amazing dessert selection and appreciated the uniqueness of Guatemalan coffee and chocolate! We hope to see you again, and be sure to ask for me... I´d love to give you a Tennessean greeting!
Panama
“Every meal a delight”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

For fantastic food, intriguing history, charming waiters, and a bookstore on site, this is it.
Anything from brunch to late night is delicious. Brunch and hot chocolate are special on cool Antigua mornings. Desserts to live for. The ambiance is especially Antigua.

• Visited April 2013
Ginger H, Owner at Cafe Condesa, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you, Panama Bandito, for your delightful recommendation!! We're glad you appreciate our full range of deserts and have been hooked by our history alike!
We look forward to serving you on your next visit!!