“Good place for lunch or a snack”
Review of Cafe Condesa

Cafe Condesa
Ranked #3 of 16 Dessert in Antigua
Cuisines: International, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Delicious, delectable, fresh, organic...everything homemade and locally sourced. Located on the Central Park of Antigua, Cafe Condesa has been serving locals, nationals and international tourists alike since 1993. It's three outdoor dining areas plus three indoor spaces provide a colonial setting in which to enjoy a meal or a snack. Breakfast is served all day long and our famous "bottomless" cup of 100% Antigua grown coffee has been a mainstay. Come early morning for breakfast, late morning for homemade chai and a muffin, lunchtime for a lovely salad and soup, late afternoon for coffee and cake, evening for a glass of wine and a quiche. A friendly waitstaff and a homey, relaxed atmosphere makes Cafe Condesa a home away from home. Three Cafe Condesa Express located around town, allow you to enjoy our many of our treats on the go.
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Good location, their bread is great and also their banana bread is superb. Nice and fresh. Their lunch dishes are very tasty.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,067)

Reviewed November 26, 2012

simply the best! Try the cheesecake. Located on the main square, take your coffee to go and hang out in the park!

Ginger H, Owner at Cafe Condesa, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thanks, Shawn! It looks like you're sold on our Cafe Condesa Express.... and thanks for the kudos for the coffee! I want to make sure you´ve also visited the restaurant which is next door, through the bookstore. There you will find several dining areas, indoors and on patios, where we have a huge menu as well. I hope you´ll be a regular for both places!!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I hadn't been to Antigua in years, so when I visited in November of 2012, a lot had changed. I grabbed a map from my hotel, but didn't find much use for it, as many restaurants weren't listed on it at all. So I spent my first morning wandering around Central Park and found this little place.

I have to admit, I was drawn in at first only by the free wi-fi. The menu looked similar to the other cafes surrounding the park, but I came in nonetheless. And I'm glad I did.

The courtyard where the tables are set is a beautiful little place with greenery and umbrellas and a fountain. I was, from the start, impressed. I ordered the Panqueques de Andrés, which are oatmeal pancakes served with pretty much every kind of fruit imaginable. It was delicious.

To top it off, every breakfast plate comes with free coffee or tea. I chose the coffee, which was just as delicious as the food. (Nothing beats Central American coffee.) The service was great, albeit a little slow, but I was in no rush, and the prices are some of the lowest in the city.

After leaving, I had no complaints at all. I would definitely recommend this place.

Ginger H, Owner at Cafe Condesa, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you so much for your lovely recommendation! Free Wi-Fi is available (best signal is in the first two rooms) for our clients ....

We're glad you liked the Panqueques Andrés and hope you´ll stop by back for lunch or a snack. We aim to please!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

The hot chocolate was soooo delicious. We went to the express side, and seating was very limited. The staff was very nice.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Pancakes of the day were great (granola), we are going back today for something different. We always eat here when we are in Antigua. The service is wonderful, everything on the menu is fresh and tasty and the coffee is just the way I like it, strong.

Ginger H, Owner at Cafe Condesa, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Thank you so much for the recommendation!!!
We're thrilled you like breakfast and hope you´ll come for lunch and dinner as well!
We are very glad that you visit us regularly on your trips to la Antigua!!