“Excellent coffee at Fernando's”
Review of Fernando's Kaffee

Fernando's Kaffee
Ranked #2 of 13 Dessert in Antigua
Cuisines: Guatemalan
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Every item in our menu is made here from scratch. Plenty of gluten free options to choose from. All our juices are prepared with fresh ingredients and "Juiced" on the spot, without adding sugar, water or milk. We provide a wide variety of "From Bean to Bar" Chocolate, Roast our own coffee, both in the premises and in view of the customers.
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stopped by Fernando's again on my most recent trip to Antigua. I didn't purchase any chocolate this time but I did purchase six bags of coffee. Three bags were from the Antigua area and the other three bags were from the Huehuetenango region.

Since my return home from my trip to Guatemala I have consumed one bag of the Huehuetenango coffee. I purchased two bags of Dieseldorff Kaffee at Cool Beans in Flores. I have consumed one bag of this coffee. Dieseldorff is from the Alta Verapaz mountains in Coban. Both of these coffees have a medium body with medium acidity. The coffee from Fernando's has a chocolaty finish.

In my quest for the perfect cup of coffee I met a woman from New Jersey at Fernando's who was on the same quest. Fernando brewed up a cup of Huehuetenango coffee for her and she shared a taste with me. It was exquisite. Fernando was nice enough to take us to his roaster in the back of his shop and show us the process for his coffee and for his chocolate.

Fernando has a nice patio area where you can lounge and savor his coffee and chocolate, as well as other menu items. With the purchase of my six bags of coffee he gives a free coffee of your choice. I had a double espresso, which I later regretted when I failed to get to sleep as quickly as normal. It was very late in the afternoon when I downed the espresso. I will remember with fondness my visit with Fernando as I enjoy his coffee over the coming weeks.

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

From the well-priced plato tipico, to the tasty Mediterrean salad, the menu offers many delicious & healthy options. Don't forget to say hi to Fernando as he makes superior chocolate and roasts a fresh batch of coffee beans. And, if you're lucky, Misha the Coffee Cat will visit your table.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

When you are in Antigua, please make the time to go to this charming little coffee shop. You will most definitely not regret your decision. Not only did my husband and I love their freshly roasted coffee, we enjoyed sitting in their lovely courtyard eating freshly made and warmed up pineapple/mango pie as well as many other delicious desserts. Healthy breakfasts and lunches were also an exceptional value. Did I forget to mention that they also make their own delectable chocolate featuring many different kinds? THIS IS the only place in town to buy chocolate and coffee at very reasonable prices to take back home to your family and friends.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

It was so convient from our hotel.. I just loved the ambience in the courtyard, and the breakfast was simple and delicious. The service was great. They have the best coffee..I could not wait to get up and run next door to have a cup...And love the cat always sleeping on the cash register..he was the highlight in the morning..

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Ah, to me, this is the best coffee in Antigua, and in the entire country. Friendly Fernando certainly knows what he is doing!

Come for the coffee and the breakfasts: nutella crepes, pancakes, tipicio, breakfast crepe - all delicious! They say that lunch is always excellent here.

The service is friendly and efficient.