“Gluten Free!!”

Ranked #1 of 15 Dessert in Antigua
Cuisines: Guatemalan
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Every item in our menu is made here from scratch. Plenty of gluten free options to choose from. All our juices are prepared with fresh ingredients and "Juiced" on the spot, without adding sugar, water or milk. We provide a wide variety of "From Bean to Bar" Chocolate, Roast our own coffee, both in the premises and in view of the customers.
glebe sydney
“Gluten Free!!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Menu gives you gluten free options which are a fraction more expensive but totally worth it.
Agree with other reviews the court yard cool and wi fi acess.
and of course MIsha the cat sleeps on the cash register.....
Coffee option of the 'Fernando' is what the Australians should go for, more to our taste a little stronger than the rest of the coffees in Central America.
Tasty chocolate

2 Thank westwoodGlebeSydney

Coquitlam, Canada
“Great coffee and simple, but tasty food”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is a delightful little coffee shop/restaurant. I had one of the best macchiatos ever and a very tasty empanada. The courtyard ambience is peaceful. The owners are very friendly and more than willing to show you their coffee roasting & chocolate making rooms. I found their chocolate, as with Guatemalan chocolate on the whole, not among my favourite. I definitely recommend going there for coffee and a light meal.

• Visited February 2013
Austin, Texas
“Nice, laid back place with friendly staff...and a roaming cat!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

If you want good coffee -- I mean really good coffee -- go to Fernando's. This guy knows his stuff and takes pride in what he does. The atmosphere is relaxed. The courtyard is inviting and the bathroom is always clean. (Something I appreciate!) You can enjoy your coffee and food while watching a lovely Mayan lady work her magic on a back-strap loom. And be sure to meet Misha -- the cat who lives there. If she's not sunning herself on a chair, check the cash register -- she like to sleep on top of it. (Guarding the money, you know...)

As an American with a touchy stomach, it's always interesting to see how I'll react to new food. All I can say is I've eaten here several times and had the utmost confidence that the cleanliness standards were extremely high. (This can't be said for many of the other restaurants here... some are downright scary!) But you can dine with confidence at Fernando's.

So there you have it. If you're ever in Antigua, be sure to check them out! And tell Misha I said hi!

1 Thank jennychacha
Houston, Texas
“Best coffee and casual breakfast”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

If you like coffee make sure you go here. Best we had in Guatemala! Breakfast on their outside patio was delicious and simple. Juice smoothies exceptional. Good value and attentive service

Visited March 2013
Seattle, WA
“Other than the coffee - nothing special”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

So I don't like coffee, but of course everyone else I know does. That's how I find myself at a coffee place for breakfast. The food was decent, but nothing amazing. I had the cinnamon roll and an empanada. The empanada was large but a little soggy and wasn't all that flavorful. But everyone raves about the coffee so...