“Best coffee and breakfast in town.”
Review of Fernando's Kaffee

Fernando's Kaffee
Ranked #1 of 15 Dessert in Antigua
Cuisines: Guatemalan
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Every item in our menu is made here from scratch. Plenty of gluten free options to choose from. All our juices are prepared with fresh ingredients and "Juiced" on the spot, without adding sugar, water or milk. We provide a wide variety of "From Bean to Bar" Chocolate, Roast our own coffee, both in the premises and in view of the customers.
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I go to Fernandos at least 3 times a week and have always been extrememly pleased with the quality of the service, food and of course the COFFEE! The latte's are so incredible, we've recommended this place to everyone we've met. Oh, also.. they make their own "ketchup". If you get eggs, just ask for a side of salsa de tomate, it's awesome.

1  Thank akk456

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have been coming here often lately and I have to say that the owner and staff are quite welcoming. They allow our dog to sit under our feet while we dine even though there is an attack cat on premises. They have reliable internet, very tasty piña/celery juice, fresh roasted coffee, sunny patio and a good, solid breakfast. Offering guacamole would be the only thing to complete the experience for me.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Had coffee and lunch, inexpensive, they source their own coffee and chocolate. Wish the coffee bean they sold were not in clear plastic bags.

1  Thank Fstein
Fernando A, Owner at Fernando's Kaffee, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Hi Fstein:

Thank you for your review and four stars. We do source our coffee, but we don't source our chocolate... We source our Cocoa beans and do the rest here... From Bean to Bar.
About the plastic bags: Because we ship to the US and Canada most of our coffee, We have decided to use a transparent bag... That way, even the most stupid of the custom agents will know that we are shipping coffee... and only coffee. By the way, they are not plastic bags, but laminated -three layers, just like any opaque bag-, except they are transparent.
The only draw back is they allow the light to pass through the bag... But we roast from 3 to 5 times per week, so it is always fresh.
And when we ship to the USA and Canada, we roast the same day, pack and put inside a DHL box, that -of course- prevents the light from coming in.

Hope that this is useful as your comment has been to me: If you don't mention the fact of the plastic bag, I would have never considered giving an explanation, since I have the technical sheets of the bags... So Thank you very much

Best regards
Fernando

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I am so happy that we chose to have breakfast at Fernando's. I had the beans, eggs and fried plantains. I was looking forward to a good cup of coffee but instead chose one of their fresh vegetable juices. What a wonderful way to end our stay in Antigua.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Fantastic coffee, great garden setting, wonderful chocolate making in process! Of course I had to bring some chocolate back to my hotel....it was fantastic!

1  Thank ak_gypsy949