“If you appreciate a good meat…”

Restaurante Las Antorchas
Ranked #7 of 402 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: Barbecue, Guatemalan
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Really nice place to eat. One of the best meat I have had in my life, unforgettable taste! I really liked the ambient, it is very cosy and nice. For me it felt really authentic, not typical touristic place. Perfect place to come with family.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Well, another trip to Guatemala and to Antigua, and guess what ? Another very nice moment at las Antorchas. The place was re-painted since my last trip but looks awesome as usual, the service was as great as the last time and the good thing is that the wait staff has a very good memory !! they remember my drink from the last time and i had my rum and coke on the table in no time.My food was just great, very nice piece of meat with baked potatoes, my partner fish looked like great too. So to make it short, we will be back !!.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

After traveling from Guatemala City we had a great lunch here. We shared several different dishes and they were all delicious. We ate in the open area one the first floor and it was really nice. However, there is a fantastic view of the surrounding mountains from the second floor balcony.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

While visiting the town of Antigua 3weeks ago, Las Antorchas was the first restaurant I stopped at. Everything was excellent and the service extremely pleasant. I certainly didn't wanna focus on 1 place and went around town to find out if other restaurants could exceed my expectations and ended up coming back to Las Antorchas almost daily. This place is definitely a Go-to and strongly suggest to try out the Churrasco Antigueno: just killer!

1  Thank Morgane8
Reviewed July 11, 2014

My wife and I have been going to Antorchas over the past few months and have been amazed by the consistency of friendly top notch service. There is no place in town that can match the excellent service at Antorchas. The owner - Philippe - is hands down the best host. Everyone will bend over backwards to make absolutely sure that you are delighted by the experience. And now coming to the food, nobody cooks better steak than Antorchas. My top recommendation - arrachera with chitepe sauce. They will make it for you if you ask.....The rib-eye is tender with the slightly charred flavor from the open grill which I love so much. Aguacate salad, longaniza, arrachera followed by profiteroles and ron zacapa with the delightful company of philippe and his staff and you will leave with a deeply contented smile on your face. I guarantee it!