“A very nice place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 98 Specialty Lodging in Antigua
Antigua, Guatemala
“A very nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

A few weeks ago I found this place, I had a really good time that time and since then I´m going almost every week to have a good time, have some good drinks, by the why, the price is very, very good, is so cheap, moreover, the hostal is good to spent a night or a few, I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Get a bed in the first floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Carlos D

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I had the best time there, it's a party place indeed! Great cool bar/chill out area, but also they let you have a good night sleep as they turn the music down at 10pm. Great location too, 2 to 3 blocks from everything, bars, market, etc. But most importantly clean rooms and friendly staff. Definitely staying there again if I get the chance to go back to beautiful Antigua!

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Guatemala City, Guatemala
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

I stayed here for a weekend and I have to say it is a nice place (facilities) and the staff is very nice too, you can hang around at the bar area and have a beer or some cocktails (very cheap) and meet new people from all around the world!
I was reading some reviews and I have to say they are not homophobic at all, in fact they are very gay friendly (I'm gay and they were even helping me to hook up hahaha), so if you are visiting Antigua you should visit the hostel and you will see for your selves! :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Mynor_Rs
Antigua, Guatemala
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Love love LOVE this place. I went there in 2006 with my girlfriend, and we came back again this year. Talk about "New and Improved"!!! Really cool!!! Wow, it's amazing! Sparkly clean and super friendly and helpful staff. I meet so many wonderful people at Jungle party...it always so diverse and interesting. I hope we can come back when the roof deck is finished. Backpacking will never be the same with places like this. I don't see how any other hostel could hold a candle to it. We''ve been to a couple other Hostels" in Antigua... really this place is AWESOME!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Howell, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I don't understand any of these bad reviews. This place is amazing. Top 5 best hostel I've ever stayed at. Clean rooms, great showers, friendly people, party atmosphere. What else do you want? A bed is $10 a night and the booze is cheap. I went out with some of the employees and they showed me around different night spots and after hour locations. I would definitely come here again. Hopefully sooner than later!

• Stayed March 2014
Marseille, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

The jungle rapidly became the place where I go often to have a drink and friendly chat. The bar is definitely the place to be for those who love socializing!!! Happy hours from 3pm to 11pm :) Lots of work has been done to make the place comfortable to stay. The dorms are brand new, the bathroom clean and there are lots of hammac for chilling out. Better go directly and have a look!

• Stayed March 2014
Manama, Bahrain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

By far, the worst bacpackers place de have been to during our 5 weeks in Central America. Whatever is fond on their web site is not true. Ni free breakfast, no anything, no towels, not new mattresses, terrible pillows, no restaurant, certainly not a party place either. More expensive then expected and oh we were told they just reopened after rénovations but we only saw old stuff or broken stuff.
And what about the unwelcoming and unfriendly staff? Let's just say this, we stayed the night and left early to find elsewhere to stay. We do not recommmend this place at all. Sorry folks! Oh and by the way, backpackers out there, its cheaper elsewhere, there are so many other goods hostals in Antigua. Dont waist your Time there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sofi_the_Canadian
niethivella, Public Relations Manager at Jungle Party Hostal Club & Restaurant, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Hi, there, On behalf of Jungle Party Team, we would like to respond with the only way that we found to be fair!! Seriously.jajajajajaja this is so ridiculous. the only thing that people has to do to realize this is a mock of a real review is to see the pictures of the hostel. We work so hard to give an amazing place to stay, broken beds, dirty, and that we are non friendly...sorry guys, you are going to have to be better and work you places the best you can.. Because Jungle Party is rocking, we remodeling the whole place and we are looking hot.