“no mastercard” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Las Palmas

Las Palmas
Ranked #47 of 344 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: Guatemalan, Latin, International, Spanish, Central American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Las Palmas is one of the best decorated restaurant in Antigua with exquisite food prepared by an experienced chef. The beef is top quality imported. The pastas are totally prepared in the restaurant by our chef with 15 years experince in Italian food. Our staff is highly trained and friendly. We want to make you feel at home!
boston,ma.
“no mastercard”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2009

My family all enjoyed the great food this restaurant offers. And the atmosphere is beautiful. But be warned, they don't accept mastercard, which I was told after the bill was delivered. Luckily, we scraped together the quetzales for the meal and all went home with full stomachs!

1 Thank ricka..

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
CA
“Favorite in Antigua”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2009

Had one great lunch and an even better dinner at Las Palmas this weekend. Chicken with lemon and garlic - cooked perfectly and oh so flavorful! Thick juicy steak cooked perfectly with delicious veggies. Our server couldn't have been more helpful nor friendly. Lovely house wine. If I return to Antigua, I guarantee we will return there.

1 Thank JCatt
CT
“Great vegetarian options”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2009

We had lunch at Las Palmas after hiking Volcan Pacaya that morning. It was the prefect reward for a strenuous trek. I had the spinach lasagna, my husband had a chicken dish. Everything was wonderful. The sauce for the lasagna was as good as any I've had. The restaurant has a lovely courtyard and is elegant enough to feel special without requiring dressy clothing.

1 Thank Pinqu
Washington DC
“Kudos to Las Palmas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2008

Las Palmas was unpretentious and terrific. It was also one of the few places in Guatemala, period, where many of the entrees included a huge portion of perfectly cooked vegetables. Unbelievable. There were five of us in our party and nary a complaint among us.

I can't post a photo because I didn't take any at Las Palmas but imagine any white space you see on this page as symbolic of having licked my platter clean!

Total bill for five with appetizers, one drink each and entrees was 634 quetzales.

1 Thank Jean-Marie S
Toronto, Canada
“Great food, for an amazing price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2008

AMAZING!

I don’t even know where to begin.

If you are looking for great prices and mouth watering food, this is the place for you. After over a week of the same type of food and not much selection Las Palmas was a shock to my system. So many different items to choose from each sounding better then the next. You could literally get anything your heart desired, from an all American burger, to traditional Guatemala cuisine, the menu was more then 4 pages long.

I choose the chicken quesadilla which came with beans, rice, salsa and guacamole. I literally devoured ever bit of my meal with great pleasure.

2 Thank akinglongo