“Good jazz”

Ranked #64 of 377 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Las Palmas is one of the best decorated restaurant in Antigua with exquisite food prepared by an experienced chef. The beef is top quality imported. The pastas are totally prepared in the restaurant by our chef with 15 years experince in Italian food. Our staff is highly trained and friendly. We want to make you feel at home!
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I went there for some entertainment with dinner. The service was not bad initially but I had to catch the eye of the waiter if I wanted any thing. The music was fun a mixture of soft jazz and Cuban. They called a taxi when I wanted to go home .

There are newer reviews for Las Palmas

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Lunch. Salsa, steak and pasta were fresh. Lemonade and iced tea homemade. Moderate to high priced but value for basic simple freshness.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

On our many visits to Antigua we often have visited
Las Palmas. You could always count on good food,
consistent and great service.

But, its been awhile since we were here and as usual we
arrived for a late night 9pm dinner. We sat close to
the fountain and ordered our food.

Before the food arrived a live band started to play. That
ruined our ambiance for dinner even though those
who were in the bar area were enjoying themselves.

We ordered the steak as always and the chicken Parmesan.
Simply not the same! The steak was tough. The chicken over cooked.
The waiters were inattentive. The new Las Palmas was a total letdown.

Prices are about the same. If we return it will definatley be dining early to
miss the live music and the crowd that it attracts.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

My overall experience with Las Palmas was quite average. The restaurant's meat was highly recommended, but I found my filet to be a bit tough and uninteresting. The "avacado mousse" appetizer was tasty. The service was extremely frustrating in that they tried to rush us out, even though we were part of a 30+ person group spread throughout the restaurant. Waiters repeatedly asked us if we were done even though we clearly had food left on our plates, and made the three of us who were eating last feel uncomfortable. The setting is nice enough (gardens and intimate sections inside) and I've heard great things about the bar/salsa scene, but I wasn't terribly impressed.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Free wifi
Salsa dancing on Saturday evenings (930pm).
The pina colada was great. My nut crusted fish with the sides were also delicious. A great first night in Antigua dinner.
Great prices.