El Convento Boutique Hotel
Hotel Panchoy(Antigua)
Aurora Hotel(Antigua)
San Rafael Hotel(Antigua)
  • Pool
All reviewsprivate jacuzzismall luxuryrain showerjunior suiteamerican breakfastconverted conventspiral staircasewalking distancehuge bathroomsmall poolrooms are beautifulquiet streetvisit antiguasitting areaspent two nightssecond floorfour nights
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I arrived after dark to a beautifully candlelit gem. The staff was courteous and helpful. My room was amazing with a huge comfy four poster bed, a patio with a whirlpool, complete with candles on the wall, a huge bathroom with incredible natural stone and brick, a heated towel valet, nice towels and a robe. There is a rooftop lounge situated beneath a beautiful old tree with California style furnishings, a fireplace and lovely lanterns hanging from the tree. Very cozy and romantic.

The only not so good thing is the wifi. It is free but not reliable. But who goes there to work besides me!?

Wish I could have stayed longer. I will definitely stay again. And bring my husband!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I got engaged and had our civil wedding here. We decided to stay at El Convento for our wedding night. It is a boutique hotel offering outstanding service, friendly customer service and exquisite cuisine.
Our room was a suite called ¨Bella Epoca¨. We were greeted with champagne and rose petals in various places in the room. We purchased a package for dinner, which was offered directly in the room. It had free internet access. All bathroom amenities were included (robe, towels, etc.).
We ate in the restaurant for the continental/american breakfast. Previously we had lunch and dinner there too, and we can testify that the food exceeds the expectations of those with good taste for food.
The architecture is aligned to the colonial form of Antigua, which makes the hotel a romantic, unique and high quality place to stay.

Room Tip: The Bella Epoca suite is an excellent room for those who are traveling as a couple and want something romantic.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mechdig
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at El Convento for four nights in July. I am extremely particular about cleanliness when traveling. El Convento was spotless. The rooms were spacious and lovely and the bathroom was huge. The bed was so comfortable and cozy. The entire hotel was immaculate and everyone catered to our needs. We did not eat at the hotel, as we prefer to explore restaurants in the city. The menu did look good and the restaurant was gorgeous. I will most definitely return to this gem of a city and when I do, I will stay at El Convento once again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank HPMcSWIGGINS
Reviewed June 29, 2013

rooms are amazing at a very reasonable prize, restaurant is great but wine selection is not too good. Located in a very central position, everything is at walking distance. It is a must if you go to visit antigua

Room Tip: The suites are amazing
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I Highly recommend this hotel. Beautiful spacious rooms and gracious service. Wonderful food in the restaurant. Charming character and easy walking distance to everything. Can't imagine a better place to stay in antigua. The only problem: we arranged for them to send a car to meet us at the airport and it never showed up.

• Stayed: November 2012