“Awesome stay”

Ranked #5 of 130 Antigua B&B and Inns
Owen Sound, Canada
“Awesome stay”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

It was like coming home when I pulled up to the doors of Marina's Villa. Marina and staff greeted us as though we were old friends, of course we were as we stayed with her on our last trip. She goes out of the way to find out what traditional treats we might like to add to our pallet and voila they will be at the next meal as a surprise. The rooms are beautiful, the setting is beautiful, the young people on our trip loved their rooms. The hospitality surpasses anything I have ever had the chance to experience - I thank you and will see you again. Muriel

Room Tip: Any room is awesome - Damascus room is super.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Muskegon County, Michigan
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Eric and I stayed with Marina twice, she was very helpful setting up drivers for us for each of our destinations. When Eric was in a accident they drove him to a local place to get him help immediately. The personally made breakfast in the mornings are wonderful! The hospitality surpassed any place we have ever stayed in Central America. Would highly recommend and go back time and time again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bellevue, Washington, United States
Reviewed February 1, 2014

My stay at La Villa Serena in Antigua was the most pleasant experience of a lifetime. Beautiful room and courtyard, and a rooftop setting that offers exquisite views of the city skyline, the volcanoes, rainbows, birds, butterflies and lightening shows. The hospitality far surpasses any experience I have ever had at a bed and breakfast, and the meals were delicious. The owner, Marina, is a wealth of knowledge and guided us to places and sites that would align with our interests and her intuition on that was perfect. Truly a place filled with love. A very quiet part of town and yet you are just a 10 minute walk from the center of Antigua.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Linda G
Sacramento, California
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at La Villa Serena twice in the last 12 months and I cannot express enough what a great host Marina was. I was able to find this place during the busiest time "Semana Santa" and it was absolutely what my family of 5 needed. The food was great for everyone ranging from 10-40. Marina was helpful in directing us what to see and where to eat. She gave great advice regarding the city and we even took a walk and 5am to visit all the "alfombras" during Easter. Marina helped us set up transportation to and from other towns (Guatemala City and Panajachel) as well as tracking down lost luggage that I had left on the bus. I returned again in Jan 14' and Marina , again, was an absolute gem. Her kindness is immeasurable and I felt at home staying there. I would definitely return again...and she lives just a short walking distance to the artisan market

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Claudia M
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The accommodations were clean and comfortable. Marina and her staff were very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. They helped with travel arrangements and provided a wonderful breakfast as well as good conversation. The villa is nicely decorated and I would certainly stay there again on my next visit.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ben t
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 29, 2014

From the moment we entered this tranquil, orchid-filled oasis of La Villa Serena in the heart of historic La Antigua, we knew this was the perfect perch from which to explore this World Heritage site in Guatemala. Every room is unique and comfortable; breakfast is a homemade treat of fresh fruits, organic coffee, seasoned eggs and special breads; internet, hot water, and good advice flow generously. This B&B is well located, 5 minute walk from the marvelous market, 7 minute walk from the historical Central Park, and within easy strolling of all the amazing sights and sounds of this popular city. We have stayed here several times and will come back! A real home away from home!

Room Tip: Each room is special; I love a second-floor room with views of the 3 volcanoes. I have also stayed...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
BattleGround
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights.
The food, cleanliness, and location were all premier. The staff went above and beyond to meet diatary needs as well as helping with transportation, and offering help when we needed help.

• Stayed October 2013