La Villa Serena
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
$241
$139
Hotel Meson del Valle(Antigua)(Great Value!)
$70
$47
Casa Encantada(Antigua)
$129
$103
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsminute walkquiet neighborhoodplants and flowerssmall hotelssecond floorguatemalan coffeestayed for nightsbreakfast was deliciousroof terracecourtyardmarketretreathairdryer
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I have had the opportunity to stay at the best B & B in Antigua!!!!!. Last Oct was my 4th stay and our host , Marina , made it , as always , most comfortable, for my group. The rooms are outstanding , the food great and the city of Antigua beautiful. I would highly recommend a stay at La Villa Serena. After a day of seeing the sites , La Ville Serena is the best place to relax , reliving your day with friends and a glass of wine. I also recommend letting Marina arrange for a city walking guild for you. It is well worth it if you truly want to understand the city of Antigua. Also , not to be missed , walk down to Fernando's for coffee , www,fernandoskaffee.com , It will not disappoint. Ask for Fernando and he will tell you , how he makes the best coffee/chocolate in Antigua , Guatemala , maybe the world.(7A Avenida) .Everyone should add Antigua to "your bucket list" of travel dream places and Marina's place is the place to stay.
www.info@lavillaserenaantigua.com.

Room Tip: For a family , Marina , has a 'Serengeti room" which is 3 levels , the kids will love it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This was my third stay at La Villa Serena in four years. Due to the overwhelming kindness of Marina during my first visit four years ago I don't want to stay elsewhere when visiting Antigua. Marina makes you feel at home and is so kind and helpful with all information. Rooms are very comfortable and all reflect the travels and the life of Marina. The drivers that she uses are wonderful and very accommodating. The location is not close to the center of town - but the walk is very nice - and the location makes for very quiet evenings without car, tuk-tuk, motorcycle and truck/bus traffic/noise. This to me is ideal. Looking forward to my next visit in my Antiguan home away from home!

Room Tip: Rooms are all different. I have stayed in three of them and all were great. I prefer the rooms upstairs but all are great.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed with Marina at La Villa Serena for 3 nights and had the most wonderful experience.
The home is warm and inviting with beautiful plants growing everywhere. Marina is a wonderful host as well as an amazing person. She sat and spoke with us at length regarding not only Antigua, but travel in general. She shared many stories about her travels around the world and was just a joy to spend time with.
The breakfast was fresh, hot, and delicious each day. The rooms were comfortable and the bathroom always had hot water.
There was even the bonus of Marina's 3 month old puppy, Mimosa greeting us each morning.
Staying at La Villa Serena honestly felt like visiting family and we will definitely be staying here each time we return to Antigua.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed with Marina for four days and it was a pleasure. The room very nice with a separate bath. We always had hot water. We stayed on the second floor and made frequent trips to the roof to sit and enjoy the view.
Marina was very helpful in providing information concerning Antigua. She made our stay stress free.
La Villa Serena is just a short walk to the Central Plaza. It was quiet and comfortable.
The breakfasts were simple, but very good.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Loved the serene atmosphere, especially after a busy day; lovely room; delicious food; the proprietor, Marina, was knowledgeable about everything and could direct you to what you were looking for. Staff was very friendly; loved having coffee on the rooftop in the morning and then star gazing in the evening.
Located short walk from markets.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends