“Oldie not necessarily a goodie”
Review of Travelodge Adrian

Travelodge Adrian
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Adrian
“Oldie not necessarily a goodie”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

It's an older hotel and has seen better days. I had opportunity to stay in one room, and four days later, same hotel, different room.
Rooms are adequate, a place to sleep, bathe, etc. nothing to write home about. Not enough electrical outlets. You can't plug anything in without unplugging something else.
Microwave suffered a meltdown while cooking popcorn last night.
TV in room second stay, wouldn't access all channels the tv in room from first stay would receive. Go figure.
Staff is friendly enough. Check in /out easy enough. Adequate parking for large vehicles. Burger joint across the street. It isn't my first choice of a place to stay, but I've been in worse. At least the room heat works.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank thgr8waldopepper
Adrianhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Adrian, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
We are certainly open for constructive feedback and we wish to let you know that all your comments and words of encouragement inspires us to continue our effort for service excellence. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention, for this will greatly aid us in improving our hotel services in total. The feedback regarding the lack of electrical outlets, as well as the missing channels has been noted down. We would like to sincerely apologize for our shortcomings, and we assure you that this issue will be subject for evaluation so that proper modifications will be implemented. We hope that we may be given a chance to better serve you should you reconsider and stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We tried three rooms.. The first smelled so bad of cigarettes both my boyfriend and I 's eyes were bloodshot. Second room the air conditioner was dismantled and not working at all. This room...looked to be ok (just for a place to sleep) but the lock was broken so we couldn't leave anything in the room... Including our dog which we were traveling with. The people were very nice letting us check the rooms to find one we found acceptable (should you ever have to do that?) and also very quick to refund our money when we told them we wouldn't be staying. Not recommended.. We ended up at the Brentwood motel which was small, family owned it seems, but clean, the same price, and very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank meganmarie319
Thank you for making the effort to share to us your hotel experience. Please know that we are grateful for the opportunity you are giving us to improve and correct the deficiencies in our services so that we may better serve our valued guests. The feedback regarding our room condition and the unpleasant smell are indeed troubling, as we also share the belief that the satisfaction of our customers is our primary goal. We wish to sincerely apologize for our shortcomings, and we assure you that this issue will be subject for evaluation so that proper modifications will be implemented. We hope that we may be given a chance to better serve you should you reconsider and stay with us again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Adrian hotels

Mishawaka, Indiana
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed one night 1/2013. You could see dirt through the sheets! Hair and dirt were sticking to the mattress pad. Called and they brought up new sheets. Tried to point out dirt and the manager wouldn't even look at it. Tons and Tons of dust bunnies around the head of the bed. I don't think it has been vacuumed in a while. Shower head had dirt on it that could've been easily wiped off. Three (3) Bandaids stuck to various walls of the shower that weren't mine. I don't consider myself picky, but I was grossed out!

Wireless internet wasn't working so I was stuck in a dirty room.

Room Tip: Have a reservation at Holiday Inn ahead of time. It fills up fast!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank sunny10017
Thank you for taking the time and effort to bring your concerns to our attention. We sincerely appreciate the candid comments you gave us, for it serves as a motivation and an opportunity to correct and improve the delivery of our services to better serve our valued guests. Your feedback regarding the hotel room cleanliness, as well as the staff demeanor will certainly be assessed so that we may be able to address your concerns as promptly as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you. We hope that we may be able to give you a far better experience should you reconsider and visit us again in the future.
Gaylord, Michigan
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I am usually pretty open and objective, we travel a lot so I try to find the best deals. This is DEFINITELY NOT A DEAL. Even though we didn't pay a lot for it I would not stay there again. Holes in the bathroom door, missing trim throughout, very out dated, beds are just ok - bathroom needs TLC or cleaning. Was not impressed at all. I read the review that they are re-doing it - I must have stayed in one of the NOT REDONE rooms. Pay a little extra and go to the Super 8, you will be much happier.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KathyJF
We would like to thank you for finding the time to share to us your valuable comment following your recent stay with us. We sincerely believe that guest feedbacks are indeed paramount for us to gauge the level of our service and allow us to focus on matters that are essential for guests’ comfort. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to be aware of our deficiencies, rest assured that matters regarding cleanliness and hotel condition in total will not go unnoticed and we will make necessary actions to ensure that similar situations will be avoided in the future. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you, and we hope that we may be able to give you a far better experience should you reconsider and visit us again.
AUSTIN, TX
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I called around to book a room since we were visiting Adrain for a graduation party, there was only one room left at the Motel 6 due to the Nasscar racing. I paid $115.00 for that room, it was so getto and nasty. The bathroom smelt like mildew, the fridge, the phone and some light didnt work. No hairdryer. The bed was a hard as rock and I was scared to sleep in it. Next time we go and this is my last resort, I will sleep in the car which would have been alot better than this. DONT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Dont get a room at motel 6 - they need to start over with that place
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MM78758
, Manager at Travelodge Adrian, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
We apologize for any inconvenince however we did not jack up the rates for last room avaliable but Rates for NASCAR weekends been advertised yearly ahead of schedule.
Plymouth, Michigan
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I mistakenly booked this motel, and checked in for a Conference. The holes and water marks in the ceiling in the lobby should have been a clue. The room looks like a scene from a third world country. The room was thick with smoke smell, I had an immediate allergic response. I went to check out the restroom only to find a 12 x 12 hole in the wall. Faucet didn't work. I didn't stick around any longer, and decided I'd be better off sleeping in my car where I could breathe. I was refunded my money for the stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Traveling_Mammy_of_3
Adrianhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Adrian, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
I regret sincerely for the unbecoming experience you might have during your visit in our hotel. I am glad to inform you however, that we have implemented significant improvements to better service the needs of our guests.

I hope we could have another opportunity to better serve your next lodging needs in the future.
Cement City, Michigan, United States
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Went to look at this property for a reception. Discouraged by the reviews. But I went and looked for myself. They have half of it redone. So it is a work in progress. All of the re-done rooms are nice and have a small fridge and microwave. And all of the beds were new. And the bedding looked new.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Hello Miss Cindy K.,

Thank you for taking notes of the improvements we were working on during your visit in our hotel. I am pleased to inform you that we have implemented significant improvements to better serve our guests in our hotel.

We look forward for the opportunity to provide your lodging needs in our hotel in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adrian
Carlton Lodge
Holiday Inn Express Adrian
Tecumseh Inn & Suites
Tecumseh Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Tecumseh

Been to Travelodge Adrian? Share your experiences!