“IT was a decent place to stay.”

Holiday Inn Express Adrian
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Adrian
Ontario
“IT was a decent place to stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed here for a baseball tournament in the area. When we booked our room we specifically asked for a fridge but when we arrived there wasn't one available. Thankfully we had brought an electric cooler with us as we had brought and purchased groceries for our 4 day stay!
The rooms were comfortable not huge but that was ok. Beds were comfy as well, great water pressure in the showers. Breakfast was a bonus and was quite good!
Our only complaints were the pool was quite dirty. The boys found green slim in it! Also the Work out room was so hot you couldn't safely work out for fear of heat stroke! and really there wasn't much to work out with anyway. Overall a good stay! Would stay again!

Room Tip: If you want a fridge tell them you have medication that needs to be kept cold!!!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and were very pleased with the service. The same staff member was at the desk at night and the next morning and she was wonderful. Anything we needed she was on top of right away. The room was clean, the pool area was clean and the free breakfast was absolutely fabulous! The only problem was the extra driveway on the road which confused several drivers that we saw - just pay close attention before you choose a driveway and you'll be fine.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Negaunee, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2011

Very friendly staff. They put us in a studio room & the clerk offered to upgrade us, but since it was just my husband & I, we kept the studio. It worked just fine for our needs. One queen and stand-up shower vs. tub. Bed was great, spotless room, & very quiet, even though it was next to the elevator. Breakfast was good....eggs, pancakes, sausage, etc. Only complaint: the bathroom only has one combined switch for both light & fan. Fan was loud & you couldn't turn it off when you only needed the light. Also, would have liked a hot tub. Pool, but no hot tub.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Blanchester, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2011

When we checked into the hotel the elevator was broke so we carried our bags up stairs. We asked for a non-smoking room but when we opened the door on room 219 we were overcome with the odor of stale smoke. I smoke but my wife doesn't and I don't smoke in my house so I always request non-smoking. I went to the front desk and they said the hotel was booked so I couldn't get another room. The bathroom cleanliness was up to the standards of a college dorm room and the TV had 11 channels on it. I later found out that they had 30 some channels but the TV was not programmed for it. We stayed on the night of 12-31-10. I checked my bank account statement 2 days after checking out to find out that they charged me $120.00 to much. I called the hotel and the girl at the front counter told me that she was new and could only explain $20 of the overage as being because I used my debit card and that it would be returned in 7-14 days. She told me I would have to call back the next day to speak to the manager about the rest of the money. Called the hotel the next day and the girl at the counter looked up the extra charges and told me I was fined $100 for smoking in my room. They said they found an empty cigarette pack in my room and it smelled like smoke. I explained that I hadn't smoked in the room and that I had complained the night before about the smell. They eventually agreed to refund the fee but with attitude and no apologies. There are other places to stay in Adrian.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JerryKiley
St. Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2010

This hotel has great family rooms with bunk beds, growth charts, child size chairs. Not quite real suites but much more privacy than a typical junior suite. Good breakfast, nice service, free parking. Pool a little grungy but we didn't use it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2009

Super friendly,polite and extra helpful. I left an item of clothing there and they shipped it back to me the very next day at no charge. The breakfast was great,very clean and the woman keeping it running smoothly was wonderful.Kudos to the staff!!! Very clean and comfortable...will stay there again if we ever get back to Michigan

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2009

Very clean hotel. Friendly staff.

Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adrian
Carlton Lodge
Wingate by Wyndham Sylvania/Toledo
Quality Inn Dundee
Quality Inn Dundee
#3 of 4 in Dundee

Been to Holiday Inn Express Adrian? Share your experiences!