“Nice way to spend an evening”

The Croswell Opera House
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Adrian
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Croswell Opera House is the oldest theater in Michigan and the third-oldest continuously operating theater in the United States. We specialize in Broadway-style musical theater but also stage plays, concerts and occasional special events. The high quality of our productions draws patrons from across southeast Michigan and northwest Ohio.
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Beautiful Restored Opera house. The productions are always excellent. A nice variety of productions, music, drama, comedy. Tickets are reasonable. The productions also include seasonal and ones that young children will enjoy.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have seen five or six plays in this wonderful theater and have always been impressed by its character. It is a terrific place to watch a production. I have seen Escanaba in the Moonlight, Death of a Salesman, Oklahoma and a couple more. The productions I have attended have each been enjoyable and the venue has added to the experience. If you have a chance to see a production of any kind in this theater, I recommend giving it a try.

2  Thank Debbie K
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have attended shows at the Croswell for years, and even acted in one! I love that they have at least one classic musical every year. They are always top notch. Be careful which shows you take the children to as some are for mature audiences, but they are pretty good about attaching a disclaimer in their press for the show. This place really is a gem in our small town. Can be expensive for a family, but once a year (at least) it is worth it. Go. Laugh. Cry. Leave humming that familiar tune. You will be glad you did.

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Our daughters attended camp here this summer so we ended up attending a few shows. The camp show was thrown together pretty quick but was pretty good. Only thing, we had 2 girls in it so we only had to pay for our other daughter but for our family, it was a little bit of a struggle to afford the camp show and then the show the next weekend. We have looked into going before but the ticket prices were a little much for our family's budget. They definitely have some great talent involved in the shows. Most of the staff I encountered were outstanding.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

The Croswell is THE attraction in Adrian Michigan. Great shows, good prices, and very community oriented. I have watched many shows here and none have disappointed!