“This is Adrian's number 2???!!!???”
Review of Sauce

Sauce
Ranked #2 of 90 Restaurants in Adrian
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Sauce Italian Grill & Pub is a family owned restaurant featuring authentic Sicilian cuisine. Established December 2011, we have been voted "Best of Lenawee" for 2012, 2013, and 2014.
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We were told this was the best restaurant in town and thought we would check it out (having just bought a home in the area). We were seated in the back room at a round table near the kitchen. The table wobbled to and fro, which we were handed a matchbook by our waitress to "settle" the wobble. Our waitress was friendly, but didnt seem to know the menu or the wine selection at all. I picked their "best" bottle of wine off the menu and we ordered a simple margherita pizza(after being totally disappointed in the other food options). As our wine bottle arrived we were unexpectedly covered (and I mean COVERED) in flour from the kitchen, it seems someone had somehow dropped??? a bag a flour (I am not sure what happened) and we were not only covered in it but left to breath it. The staff seemed to think it was comical... I did not. If this wasn't bad enough when the "dust" settled I realized we had been brought the wrong bottle of wine (the one I ordered was MUCH more expensive). The pizza was OK at best, since we tend to order our pizza from Hometown Pizza (2 for $10!!!). When the bill arrived I wasn't surprised to find we had been CHARGED for the right bottle of wine, just delivered the cheap alternative.... needless to say I won't be gong back. I have heard great things about Hooligans down the road, think I will head that way!

1  Thank Christopher C

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

New chef at Sauce is very talented. The shrimp risotto, pizza, baked ziti- all excellent. There are two sides to the restaurant. We preferred the bar side which is upscale and more lively.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Went to Sauce on a Friday night. Nice location and a nice place. I am not into heavy pasta and our group all ended up with the chopped salads. The salads were good - not great. I asked for dressing on the side which normally means a "dry" salad with the dressing on the side to accompany. However I got a dressed salad and dressing on the side which is not what I wanted. Ate it anyway but too much dressing! The food around looked good and the comments I could hear were all good. Seems like a good place for pizza - they looked really good really fresh. All in all I probably would not choose to go back - not because it is a bad place but they do not offer many "light" options - hey; it's an Italian restaurant and they have pasta & pizza & bread & such. So if that is what you seek, this place is good - maybe great!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

In a city not known for a lot of great restaurants, this one really stands out. We had eggplant parm., lasagna, salad and pizza. All very good and with great service. Nice place. We would definitely go back. Moderate prices

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is my husband and my favorite restaurant in Adrian. They have a wonderful menu and great drink specials. The staff is friendly and helpful. Because I am a vegetarian they are always willing to substitute items on the menu for me. We eat here at least once a month and have always had good service and great meals.

1  Thank Nicolette D

Been to Sauce? Share your experiences!