“Sauce”
Review of Sauce

Sauce
Ranked #2 of 88 Restaurants in Adrian
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Sauce Italian Grill & Pub is a family owned restaurant featuring authentic Sicilian cuisine. Established December 2011, we have been voted "Best of Lenawee" for 2012, 2013, and 2014.
“Sauce”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Always trying new things, we attempt to find a new restaurant, a new flavor and a new dish everywhere we go!

We found that Sauce is a newly developed restaurant in the area! We were welcomed with a comfortable Italian dining experience surrounded by the sounds of no other than Frank Sinatra! Sauce being an Italian restaurant had quite a menu for anyone's tastebuds to be delighted!

We ordered the bruschetta as an appetizer. This easy but great-tasting item is made different everywhere I have gone so I love to try it when I find it on a menu! It was executed well however, I love tomatoes so I would have liked a few more!

I had a moscato wine to accompany the meal which it was a perfect amount of sweet to go with the Italian dishes! Our server recommended it as a House Moscato and I was very happy with this choice!

We ordered the Chicken Marsala with mushrooms, green beans and red potatoes. The Marsala sauce lived up to the name of the restaurant "Sauce", it was an exquisite experience! The chicken was cooked perfect however the green beans I prefer to be a little bit more on the Al Dente side. The res potatoes appeared to be baked and were cooked to the flawless tenderness! Overall I really liked this dish!

We also ordered the Chicken Linguini Alfredo. The chicken was again cooked ideal for this meal! The linguini must be made in house, they did not lack pizazz! However the Alfredo sauce felt a little light on the parmesan and could use a little pepper; although they achieved a very creamy sauce.

I love the use of fresh herbs in the items and look forward to coming back here when we visit Adrian! If you plan on visiting Sauce while you are there please do not forget to order a Cannoli for dessert! This is a dessert that originated in Sicily. It has a creamy cheese filling in a fried pasty dough. It was a remarkable experience for my tastebuds with the addition to the cannoli of chocolate sauce, chocolate chips and what appeared to be housemade whipped cream!

Overall the dining experience, the service and the atmosphere I would give a 4.5 out of 5 stars! It's definitely a place we want to experience again when we visit the beautiful town of Adrian!

Rus MP

• Visited June 2013

Prescott, Arizona
“I move away and then this great place opens...sigh!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Delighted to finally try Sauce on a return trip to my hometown. Was suitably impressed by the updated and modern decor of the old Mr. Ed's steakhouse, more impressed by the delicious lasagna and the BEST Tomato Caprese salad I have ever had. Portions were just right (what I would eat at home - no added food to waste), prices respectable and dessert just luscious. Glad Adrian finally has a nice sit-down restaurant!

• Visited May 2013
Cornelius, North Carolina
“Among the few best restaurants in county”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Along with a couple of other very fine establishments, my humble opinion is that this ranks among the best in the area. The food is well crafted and delicious (as of today their excellent creamy lemon rice soup is offered tuesdays and wednesdays). At lunch time it was quite loud, but no bother. This is where I would take family or friends from out of town. Lunch was around $10 a person, a good price for the quality food they serve. The service was excellent.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank R G B
evansport, ohio
“Excellent Food, Service & Maple City Brew”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

When you enter the dining room, the aroma is the best first thing. Friendly, helpful staff. No rush, and right on time with service. The pizza looked and smelled great, but we opted for entrees and dessert. Maple city brew was very good and unexpected. Good destination for all types of outings.

• Visited April 2013
Muskegon, MI
“What a Great Place!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Loved the whole place. Excellent staff, food, drinks and such a warm atmosphere.

When my wife and I head back to Adrian to visit our daughter, we will be going back to visit Sauce too!

Visited February 2013

Been to Sauce? Share your experiences!