“Best service & staff! Cleanest place I've ever seen too!”

Sleep Inn & Suites Acme - Traverse City
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Acme
Michigan
“Best service & staff! Cleanest place I've ever seen too!”
Reviewed June 28, 2010

If you're a clean freak - this is the place to stay! Fantastic service by the most cheerful staff. Our stay here was fantastic! Next door is a great pizza place - That's A Pizza. The man at the hotel desk during the evening, Lewis, went out of his way to be helpful & kind. I can't say enough good about this place!!!

• Stayed June 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Farmington Hills, Michigan
Reviewed June 21, 2010

My daughter and I decided to take a vacation together and made reservations at the Sleep Inn in Acme.
We were greeted warmly by Lewis and given our room key to a very nice room on the third floor. The room was spotless and the beds very comfortable.
They offer a continental breakfast. We could use the breakfast area to play games in during the evening.
They were very helpful in recommending restaurants and even offered to make reservations for us at one of the restaurants.
They cleaned the floors at least twice a day and cleaned the computer and keyboard and even the elevator.
A great place that I highly recommend.
Lewis even came into the breakfast area where we were playing a game on our last evening there to tell us goodbye and to have a safe rest of our trip.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank Cynthia1037
Pinckney, Michigan
Reviewed April 26, 2010

I have stayed at this location many times, and will continue to do so in the future. The staff goes out of their way to make sure everything is right. Great views of Grand Traverse Bay. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The front desk people always make me feel welcome. The rates have always been very competitive. It is located close to everything I am looking for, whether it is business or pleasure.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
midwest
Reviewed August 28, 2009

We stayed here in August for a great Priceline price (hotels in Traverse City and Acme are expensive in the summer). We literally had five minutes to check in before we headed to a concert at Interlochen.

The hotel lobby was very nice and the breakfast room great. We got a room right across from the pool and upon entering the room we were struck by a strange smell to the room but assumed it was maybe because we were near the pool. We went to the concert and came back and the room still smelled bad but we were so tired we sorta crawled into bed without really noticing the level of cleanliness of the room. The next morning we noticed the carpet had what seemed like caramel candies crushed into it in a couple of spots. Our bathroom, which just had a shower, wasn't very clean and there was hair on the shower door handle. The pillowcases has what looked like mascara marks on them and since we don't wear mascara we knew they weren't ours.

I am not too picky when it comes to Priceline rooms but this room just made me feel gross and want to get out of there. Breakfast was good and I liked the location a bit away from Traverse. The view is of the bay and it was very pretty from the window. Had I had time and not been so tired I certainly would have requested another room. I would suggest getting a room away from the pool (which is tiny). There was only 1 family using it when we checked in and we could here them plain as day. I'd hate to see what it would be like with a bunch of kids.

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express which is right next door several times and love it. Great pool area and hot tub and very, very clean with nicer rooms.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 3kings1queen
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed August 12, 2009

Hi...........my husband and I stayed here when we were touring around Traverse City and the bay area. We called the night before and were given a great rate of $89, which is quite good at this time of year. We never found this place when we put in Traverse City searching on TripAdvisor, perhaps because it is in Acme, which is just a 2 minute drive from the "main drag". Worth the extra few minutes!!

The lobby area is beautiful, and staff was quite friendly. The room was clean, very adequate. Breakfast in the morning is dry cereal/milk, muffins, breads, hard-cooked eggs, and some lovely fresh cut-up fruit. YUM. Of course, also juices and coffee/tea. A nice room for breakfast too. This place looks brand-new, so we are surprised to see some "older" reviews.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
RYTAC5
Reviewed February 16, 2008

Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful; breakfast was actually very good; overall stay was OK. We found empty beer cans in one dresser drawer upon check-in; on day two only one of two trash cans had been emptied; some papers (trash) that was by the bed was still present after cleaning; the towel display in tub was replaced but the tub was visibly dirty. The Motel 8 down the road looks more appealing for my next stay.

• Liked — Staff was very friendly.
  • Disliked — Housekkeping staff should be repalced
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank RYTAC5
Marion,IN
Reviewed September 25, 2007

My wife and I traveled to the Traverse City area for short getaway. I booked this hotel because it is out of the hustle & bustle of the motel strip of Traverse City. The location was perfect, the room larger than normal, and I got a great rate 0f $59.00. My only complaint is one that I am making in almost every review in that the bed was hard as a rock and every morning took 30 minutes for our backs to stop aching. The breakfast was adequate with something to suit most people and the breakfast area was a nice size to enjoy it. The staff was friendly although I did not have the need to interact with them very much. I think most travelers would be happy here.

• Liked — The ease of check-in & check-out. Access to entrance near the elevator.
  • Disliked — The bed was way too hard !!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank 732MPD
Also consider these accommodations in or near Acme
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Traverse City
Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City
Cambria hotel & suites Traverse City
Best Western Plus Traverse City
Best Western Plus Traverse City
#2 of 40 in Traverse City
West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Acme - Traverse City? Share your experiences!