Stayed here for a weekend in July for the horse show. It looked like the Tower of Terror from Disney World rising high and dark out of the trees. It is great for golf and tennis, lots of courts. The pools are great for kids, very crowded with them all the time. It is not just for hotel guests but for local residents, so keep that in mind. The restaurant on top has a spectacular view of the Grand Traverse Bay. Lots of sky and water. The menu is incredibly ambitious but the execution is not quite up to that ambition.
Stayed in the old, non--Tower portion and the rooms are old and really nothing special. One of the elevators in this section did not work all the time.
As always in the Midwest, the people on staff are absolutely wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to our 900-acres northern Michigan Resort just outside of Traverse City. Enjoy 54 holes of championship golf, spa, indoor/outdoor tennis, indoor water playground, fitness center, private beach club, 4 restaurants, shopping & more. Choose to stay in the signature 17-story glass tower, in a condo down at The Shores or in the newly renovated Hotel. We look forward to hosting you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Traverse Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Traverse Hotel Acme
- Grand Traverse Resort Spa
- Grand Traverse Resort Acme
- Grand Traverse Resort And Spa Grand Traverse County/Acme, MI