“Good budget choice with decent breakfast”

Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Acme
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Decent hotel. They need to update heating options in rooms. Much better choice than casino/hotel up the road, especially for conferences. I would recommend this hotel even more highly if they could update their heating units. Critical in January in Northern MI!!!!

Room Tip: Check on heater before agreeing to stay in the room. Mine was noisy all night.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Jo Ellen V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Could you please contact us directly regarding your concerns about the heating unit so that we may address it if there is an issue? You may call us at 231-938-2600 or email us at fd@tcholidayinnex.com. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Cannot say enough of the professionalism of the staff! Our first stay, will be hard to beat!!
Room A PLUS! Staff A PLUS!
Compliments GALORE!!
This resort is out of the way, hidden behind Sleep Inn, no tell tale signs until your past it.
Shame because it deserves to be well marked!
Breakfast is nice. Clean. Adequate.
If one negative could be wall to wall you can hear everything plainly. Bring a sound machine, will completely block out noise.
Enjoy the stay!

Room Tip: Worth going out of town for! Look carefully for it is behind Sleep Inn in Acme. Excellent stay!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jo Ellen V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you so much for your review! We strive to exceed guest expectations and make every stay wonderful, just like yours. We hope to see you again in the future. Thank you again!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

It's been a long time since I've had a bad stay at a Holiday Inn Express but this visit was not good. Stayed here for three nights. First time I have not been upgraded as a Platinum member. While that would've been nice it is not the reason I was disappointed with this stay. First, my room door is not seated in the jamb correctly. With the door closed there is actually a gap between the door and the jamb that is wide enough to look through. When I notified the staff of this, they told me there were no other rooms available. So the next day when I asked if I could switch rooms I was told I would have to check out and then wait until 3pm to check back in sicne they were sold out the night before. When I told the new front desk person about the door jamb, she just said there was nothing she could do about it. I was just shocked they would make me check out and then wait around for a room. Not very good customer service. I cerntianly didn't think I was beind unreasonable or asking for something outrageous.

The TV was also a pain. Everytime I shut it off, I couldn't restart it without having to reset it. That entailed unplugging it for 10 seconds and then plugging it back in and letting is sit for 7 minutes. DOn't know if this was a TV issue or cable box problem. Either way, it was a pain.

Holiday Inn Express is my brand but I'll be going to the Holiday Inn in Traverse City from now on.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Jo Ellen V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. We are here for the guest and do everything we can to make each stay wonderful. The responses you received are not typical of our staff and I am very sorry your issues were not handled to your satisfaction. We try to upgrade Platinum members whenever we can, but when we are busy it isn't always possible. You should be pleased to hear we are in the process of finding a solution to the TV box issues. Would you please contact us directly via phone at 231.938.2600 or email at fd@tcholidayinnex.com so we may address the issue with the door? If you could let us know what room you were in during your stay, we can get someone up there right away to look at the door. Again I apologize for the inconvenience and the way you were treated. I hope you choose to stay with us again so we may show you what you have come to love and expect from a Holiday Inn Express.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stay in HI Expresses a LOT, because they're clean and comfortable, AND almost all of them use unscented laundry detergent. For us, that's a big, big issue -- we're both badly allergic to laundry scents. So this one is a typical HI Expr, fine in all things, BUT they scent their sheets. Hard to say why - it's no extra cost to get unscented detergent, and several place have told us it's cheaper.

And when I told the manager, the next morning, about the problem and that we'd never be able to stay there again, she obviously did not care one iota that we had had a disastrous stay -- not their fault, but we were miserable, and it was surprising that the front disk was utterly indifferent.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoseTheWrangler
Jo Ellen V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

I would like to apologize for your negative encounter with our laundry products and the way the situation was handled by our staff. I assure you we do everything to make our guests as comfortable and happy as possible so they may enjoy their stay. I assure you I will make this a top priority so no other guests have to encounter such a situation. Again I apologize and hope that you will give us another chance in the future to make your stay everything it should be.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We wanted Holiday Inn Express to know that we have had a wonderful relationship at your Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Acme, Mich. The person we'd like to give kudos to is Jo Ellen Vert. She has always been appreciative of us in the years we have stayed there. We wanted her to be recognized as the outstanding manager she is by some of her loyal quests. Paul and Josephine

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jo Ellen V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for your kind words! A great leader is only as good as those surrounding them. I have a fantastic staff and am proud to manage such a great group of people. It is so wonderful to know that all of our hard work is appreciated. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed here the entire weekend. We arrived late Friday night to find that someone had smoked in our bathroom. We shut the door and went to bed. Saturday am we had a cold shower. I went to the front desk Saturday am to address the issues before leaving for the day. The desk clerk admitted hot water was an issue, but would rectify both issues. Arrived back late on Saturday pm to still find that we had a smoke smell still in our bathroom. Sunday morning still cold shower. I addressed the same issues with the same desk clerk. She was very sorry, but couldnt address reversing our room charges. I then spoke to Jennifer, the manager on duty. She was very nice admitting that the hotel hot water system couldnt keep up with the demand because they were sold out on rooms. However, she couldnt comp our entire stay. She did comp 1/2 of our charges and promised 10,000 points. I asked her if 10,000 points would give us a night at this hotel. Well not at this hotel, but some hotel at Holiday Inn. My net bill was $216.96! Not bad for a camp site. So sad! Will not return to this hotel again!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jack G
Jo Ellen V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all feedback, good and bad. We sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced. That is not normal for this property and we will definitely look into them. The manager on duty did everything she could to rectify the situation and we hope you will give us another chance to "wow" you in the future. Again, we are very sorry for the inconveninces that interfered with your stay.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This location was better than we thought and for half the price of closer to city locations. Nice view from our suite. Close to casino and other attractions. Very friendly staff. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Bay side room was great!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jo Ellen V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for your review! We strive to exceed expectations. We are glad you enjoyed our location and price. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Acme
Sleep Inn & Suites Acme - Traverse City
#2 of 40 in Traverse City
Hampton Inn Traverse City
Hampton Inn Traverse City
#10 of 40 in Traverse City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City? Share your experiences!