“Good Old Fashion Lunch Counter”

Nantucket Pharmacy Lunch Counter
Ranked #3 of 7 Dessert in Nantucket
Reviewed July 5, 2017

A trip to the lunch counter at the Nantucket Pharmacy is a must for anyone visiting the Island. Step inside the way use to be - great shakes to cool off on a hot summers day!

Reviewed June 19, 2017

Here you can buy lunch or souvenirs. I had a PB & J sandwich on white bread. I specifically wanted strawberry jelly and they were able to make that. They toasted the bread a little, which I wasn't crazy about, but it did make the jelly ooze out of the sandwich more, which I love.

While I was there I picked up a wedding card for the wedding I was attending that evening.

Reviewed June 14, 2017

So we are strolling down Main Street in downtown Nantucket when we come upon this pharmacy. It is one of these 'old time', from days gone by type of drug stores, which from its looks has been there for decades.
Wouldn't you know that it actually has fountain and lunch counter service as soon as you walk in. It brought me back to my childhood days as this is how old time drug stores were. They made actual 'malteds', with malt! It was fantastic.
Their lunch counter had delicious sandwiches as well. Should you like tuna or egg salad, you should try it.
A definite must walk inside and experience type of store. Friendly service. A treat!

Reviewed January 30, 2017

This store is extremely charming with their little luncheonette in the front that has a 50's style counter and stools where you can have a hot dog with sauerkraut and mustard or a sandwich with coffee. It is a great place to grab a quick snack when you are picking up some toiletries and don't want to sit down to a table and order. They also have some nice knick knacks such as wooden wall clocks in the shape of a cat or tiny dehumidifiers and post cards. It is wonderful to see small businesses such as this store still going strong.

Reviewed October 9, 2016

I would be so disappointed if I ever walk up Main Street and discover this Pharmacy has been turned into a fly by night boutique shop. Sad that Congdon's Pharmacy, next door has gone. Lunch at this counter is so nostalgic. They have the best egg salad sandwiches. Don't pass up this unique 1950's opportunity to grab a quality quick lunch.