“More filling than delicious”
Review of Rose & Crown Pub

Rose & Crown Pub
Ranked #39 of 143 Restaurants in Nantucket
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Service was perfunctory and though some parts of the meal were very tasty, there was a lot of filler on the plates, like fries with no special flavor. Many places in Nantucket are very expensive, and the Rose and Crown was reasonable in price.The atmosphere was like a pub.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Great crowd, excellent staff and strong drinks. Quite of a few of the customer-performers were remarkably good. I had to wonder if they practiced beforehand.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The wait staff could have cared less that we were in teh restuarant, which had no more than three tables occupied at the time. The waitress really had no interest in knowing whether we were enjoying our meal or whether we needed anything while we were there. The food was average at best. We have been to the R&C manyt imes before. This was the last time.

1  Thank Brian C
Reviewed July 30, 2012

DISGUSTING!
1. Our server had no Personality, We felt like we were a bother.
2. Ordered nachos(no chili), she took it upon herself to add it with-out asking ($4.00 up-charge)
3. Clam Chowder is being kept too hot and the cream was coagulated.
4. Fish and Chips was greasy, over cooked and with way too much batter. (The guest next to us also peeled off the callus like batter)
5. Coleslaw was sugar sweet and quite dry, just nasty
6. Tarter Sauce, terrible, it should be made with dill relish. (more NE Traditional)
7. Fries, may have well been McDonald's, but worse.
8. Plastic drink cups??? Was I at a picnic?
9. When asked to speak to a manager about this, she was apparently too busy.

As a NE Native, I would expect more from an ANCHOR Restaurant on the island. As a professional in the restaurant and hospitality industry, I would suggest you take a day off and revamp your service training and some of your recipes. For $95.00 for 4 people, we should have received 5 star quality food. I give you -1 Star! I would also like to suggest that you heed my advice, as I will tell more then 10 people and will be posting on YELP* Visit 7/16/12

1  Thank SupaDupa075
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We were on the island for the 4th of July and went out to dinner almost every night. We waited to go to Rose & Crown until Thursday night because of the live music and we were glad we waited. Everything was perfect. Our waitress was Lena and she was super, we all (5 of us) had the special that was swordfish and it was the best swordfish I have ever had. Can't remember what was served with it but when Lena picked up our plates there was no evidence that any food had been on any of the plates. It was a great evening out and if you like great food, live music, and super service, I would recommend Rose & Crown.