“You could probably do better, you could certainly do worse”

Brotherhood of Thieves
Ranked #8 of 141 Restaurants in Nantucket
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Auburn, Maine
“You could probably do better, you could certainly do worse”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We ate here on a day trip to Nantucket. Menu with a fair number of burger and seafood choices. Extensive beer menu, including several on tap options, including some local ones (beware though, my relatively small draft beer cost $8). I had the bleu cheese burger, which was a bit overwhelmed by the cheese, but otherwise well cooked and I enjoyed the fries. Service was the friendliest we've had in our time in the Cape Cod area. Unfortunately the place is located in a kind of dark, cellar-like place, and a bit off the main drag, so you don't get to take advantage of the beautiful island location or people watching quite as much as at some other options.

• Visited June 2013

Austin, Texas
“Some Things Stay the Same”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Looking for a bar downtown? The Brotherhood, as we used to call it, has been here for a long time and seems to have a neighborhood feel even with all the tourists. Always a decent place to land.

Visited June 2013
Auburn, Maine
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had a very good experience at Brotherhood of Thieves for a late lunch. We were greeted and seated immediately, and found our server to be exceptionally friendly and attentive. We had a couple of burgers, which, along with the curly fries, were quite tasty and generously proportioned. The ambiance is cellar-like, so if you're looking for sunny outdoor seating, head elsewhere. Prices were perfectly reasonably by Nantucket standards. Overall it was an above-average experience and I would gladly return and recommend it to others.

• Visited June 2013
West Babylon, New York
“Adequate Food; Server was Disappointment”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited this restaurant several years ago....was so-so at the time but we thought we would give it another try. We came by on 5/27 for dinner. We had a wait of about 25 minutes to be seated. We were given a very limited menu because Figawi (a yearly boat race) weekend was concluding. I wanted the Crab Cake Burger but the server said they were preparing them but they won't be ready yet. I ended up getting the Sea Scallops w/Fries and my boyfriend ordered the Cod Dinner, which came with mashed potatoes and asparagus. We both also ordered the chowder. My boyfriend's 2 drinks were $10 apiece. When the Cod dinner arrived my boyfriend told the server the cod was way too salty. Shortly afterward he delivered another order of cod to the table. I was growing restless and was very disappointed in the server when I heard him tell another table what the night's specials were. Huh? He never told us anything. At this point, I just wanted to leave. We took our food back to where we were staying and got the heck out of there. We went to this place because we found it convenient one night but we plan to never be back.......dining here twice was more than enough.

Visited May 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“oldest Bar but re-built in 1999”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Good, but not amazing, seems to lost much of its original charm...good basic pub fare, as everywhere on the island, excellent clam chowder...

Visited May 2013