“Not worth eating here”

Brotherhood of Thieves
Ranked #6 of 140 Restaurants in Nantucket
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Massachusetts
“Not worth eating here”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Grilled cheese sandwich was run of the mill. French Dip sandwich had fresh and tasty bread, but the meat was stringy and not tasty. Service was fine, but nothing special. Cost $33 for two sandwiches and two sodas--Easy Street Cantina and Stubbies are better choices for an inexpensive lunch. And as some reviewers have noted, the place is noisy---and not in a good, busy happy way!

Atlanta
“Welcome to the 1700s”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food is very good, but the building is even better. Built in the 1700s its low ceilings and cozy fireplaces are the real deal. Brick and mortar with heavy wood beams. Just exactly what we were looking for. Did I mention that the food was really good? The menu is reasonably priced with basic local food. We had a seafood patter that was very good and an excellent chowder. Our son had a burger – very good too!

georgia
“Good atmosphere, so so food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I called to order take out from this restaurant, and was told by an annoyed employee that they couldn't just make substitutions, despite the fact that the substitution I requested was listed on their menu (I wanted a chicken sandwich instead of burger and chicken was listed as an available substitution). After I read the employee his own menu, he agreed to accept my order.

I also ordered fried pickles.

When I went to pick up the food from the bar, I noticed a hip vibe and homey atmosphere. It looked like it would be a fun place to dine in.

However, when I got back to my hotel with the food, I found the pickles to be bland and the batter more cakey than I would like. There was no dipping sauce for the pickles, and I only ate 3 before throwing them away. The sandwich that I ordered did come with the correct substitution and I found it to be good.

While my experience with the employee's lack of knowledge of his own menu was not good, I found the food to be priced reasonably for the quality. It was 'pub fare' and not particularly memorable, but I've definitely had much worse.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Good, casual lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

A definite bar/pub atmosphere that is acoustically-challenged making sound resonate loudly in every area. If you don't mind noise then you'll be comfortable...if you're looking for a quiet experience don't try it here, you'll be overwhelmed!

Their Cisco beer-battered fish was GREAT! You get a huge portion of fish. They came with a large side of curly fries that were partly typical frozen curly fries, but did have a coating on the outside that gave them an interesting twist. The Quahog chowder was very yummy, rich and creamy.

My husband was a bit disturbed with all the dust and cobwebs hanging around the booths and the ceiling, and the bathroom was VERY tiny and bit smelly. But overall I didn't feel uncomfortable or grossed out...the table was clean when we sat down.

Overall a good experience for a casual lunch.

• Visited March 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Brotherhood is known to be a better value than many other restaurants on Nantucket. As a foodie, I used to stay away but went for lunch last summer and it was excellent! I was so surprised and pleased! Definitely a 'pub' feel, great for the younger crowd (20's/30's).

Visited August 2012