“A Must Visit When on Nantucket”
Review of Straight Wharf

Straight Wharf
Ranked #14 of 143 Restaurants in Nantucket
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: End of Main Street
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I visit Nantucket each year and am lucky enough to have a friend with a house on the island who always knows the best places to go. On my first visit to the island -- over 10 years ago -- we went to Straight Wharf and had an average meal that (like everything on Nantucket) was pricey. And then my friend never wanted to go back until this year -- she had started to hear great things about this restaurant after many years of it being average.

We absolutely LOVED our visit. The atmosphere is simply lovely - a casual sophistication that wasn't too noisy. We couldn't figure out what kind of wine we wanted and the sommelier was not only friendly and helpful but very patient with us. The meal was top notch - each of us with different entrees and everyone loving their meal. Friendly and efficient service as well.

Reservations are highly recommended in the summer -- and I believe you can request outdoor covered seating (we sat inside for our dinner) and they will make best efforts to honor. And while we were in too much of a food coma to want to go for drinks afterwards, the bar seems to be quite lively.

I look forward to returning on my next visit to Nantucket.

2  Thank Tracy S

Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is an excellent restaurant.

The staff our young but for the most part are very well trained.

The location is quite nice, located at the base of Straight Wharf on the Nantucket waterfront.

They have both indoor and outdoor (but covered) dining areas, I dined outdoors.

There wine list is short but good and they have some nice unique beers.

Similarly, the menu is short but very interesting.

I started with the wood grilled Nantucket Oysters; they were done quite well and were enjoyable.

For a main I had the Chatham dayboat scallops and asked that the chef be careful not to overcook them.

The chef prepared them pretty closer to perfect with a nice crust on one side and the slightest of grill on the other side.

All in all, I would highly recommend this as a great spot to try high quality local seafood prepared in interesting ways.

1  Thank Seafoodtraveler
Reviewed June 9, 2014

What can I say - this place is honestly one of the best meals I've ever had in my entire life. I realize that sounds like an exaggeration... but alas... during restaurant week in Nantucket I ordered the scallops and cheese plate (I also had the tagliatelle as an appetizer but while good, it was not nearly as memorable).. and both were absolutely fantastic. My one grievance is that we were staying in a b&b without a fridge so I couldnt take home left-overs to noche on after going on that night. The restaurant itself is dimly lit and beautifully decorated, but at the same time doesn't have an uptight vibe. A fantastic date spot. Honestly - a fantastic dining experience overall... I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful. Have bee here many times& never disappointed. Great place to dine on a wonderful island. Well worth the cost.

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

What an unexpected cozy indoor dining room with real lit candle sconces on the walls and tables. Many guests dine outside but indoors is a delightful experience! Food and ambiance couldn't be better! Make a reservation and enjoy!