“great choice”
Review of Straight Wharf

Straight Wharf
Ranked #11 of 145 Restaurants in Nantucket
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: End of Main Street
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The joys of nantucket off-season. We were winging it our last night. Just walked up and got a great table on the patio overlooking the water. The food was outstanding as was the service. The do a nice job with lighting so the overall atmosphere is perfect. I rarely do food reviews, but the yogurt side for the swordfish was so amazing, we asked our waitress to compliment the chef and let us know the ingredients. A great experience

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Happened onto this restaurant as we disembarked the ferry. Lucky to get outside seating as it was a beautiful day near the water on Nantucket. The fish tacos were EXCELLENT and prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

A chorizo, baby fingerling potato, creamed fresh corn, butter poached lobster out of the shell, baby clams presentation of the best food I have ever eaten. This was a home run! From the three basil salad to the hot fruit tart, and cheesecake at the end of the meal, there wasn't a bite that missed. Perfect meal. Oh, and the view-we sat on the outside deck and watched the water, boats, birds and breezes through the flowers. The little wharf cottages are out there surrounded by water-gorgeous!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Every year I look forward to having lunch with my husband here. This year the services was horrible. The lunch items were all pre-made and there was not an option to get something that wasn't fried or pre-made. It also took them at least 20 minutes to get the toasted bread that went with my lunch. By the time I got the bread my food was cold. The waiters seemed clueless. They use to make a fresh piece of seafood and healthier but delicious options. Now it felt that they are cutting corners. My husband felt sick from the food and called it StraightBARF.
We were disappointed and hopefully this was a one time occurrence. I hope they go back to making fresher and healthier lunch options.
Dinner might be a different experience.

3  Thank lj b
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We held our son's rehearsal dinner here the day before the wedding. The appetizers were amazing and the guests raved about the dinner. The blueberrry and peach dessert with house made almond ice cream was a huge hit. And the dining room was beautiful -- as was the deck where we had the drinks and appetizers. First rate service!