“Best BLT ever, helpful staff”
Review of Nantucket Gourmet - CLOSED

Nantucket Gourmet
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
georgia
“Best BLT ever, helpful staff”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I wanted a quick meal on my way to the airport, and stopped by after reading Tripadvisor reviews. The food area is located in the back corner of the store full of various kitchen gadgets, and there's no room to sit down and eat within the store...it's all take out. However, there are lots of benches on neighboring streets, and a park just a block away.

I ordered a BLT on ciabatta bread, and it was easily the best BLT I've ever had. The sandwich came with chips, and was $10. It is probably the priciest BLT I've ever had, too, but it was worth it! Relative to the cost of other meals on the island, it was a good deal. :)

They offer meats, cheeses, and other sandwich fixings on various fresh breads so you can make whatever kind of sandwich you'd like. They also offer several different salads and soups, though on the day I came they were out of soup.

Not only did they make a great sandwich, the owner (?) allowed me to charge my dying cell phone in the store so that I would have my GPS to make it back to the airport for my flight.

If you're looking for a quick, fresh, and satisfying lunch, Nantucket Gourmet is a great option!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank localala

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Nantucket Gourmet to the Rescue!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was really BLOWN AWAY today when Nantucket Gourmet came through for me in No Time Flat! I am far away, in another state, but have a very close friend who is on Nantucket today - - to celebrate a "milestone" birthday in a quiet way. But i still wanted to come through for my friend ON her birthday. I called Nantucket Gourmet and was greeted by the nicest gal on the planet: Jordana. She was so wonderful & patient. Not only did she help me - - voice to voice - - assemble a custom gift for my friend, but it was delivered within a couple of hours! The gift had gourmet cheeses, chocolates, pepper jelly and some items selected especially for my close friend. Then, i got an email from Jordana reporting that the delivery had already happened & my friend had been elated to receive it. I promise to visit Nantucket Gourmet, and especially Jordan, when next on the island. Believe it or not, this is the FIRST online review I have written - - so you KNOW I have been inspired ! in addition to being impressed. It is Fantastic! to know you can deliver something other than flowers! at the last minute! Cheers & DO TRY Nantucket Gourmet for all sorts of your needs when in Nantucket. - - JulieB in Atlanta

• Visited March 2013
Alexandria Bay, New York, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious and great value!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is a must stop place when in Nantucket. The sandwiches are gigantic. There are plenty of choices of what to put in them. The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly.

• Visited February 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Unexpected treasure”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Awesome panini! You get an excellent sandwich and a bag of chips for only $10. It's all take-out, so get your lunch, grab a nearby bench along the sidewalk, and enjoy lunch as you watch the world go by. This all makes a great dining experience!

Visited October 2012
Nantucket, Massachusetts
“"All That And A Bag O' Chips!!!"”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Choose your own ingredients by filling out your sandwich form and presto, the lovely ladies behind the counter wrap it up for you.... just the way you like it. PLUS, they toss in a little container of cured olives and a bag of potato chips. Seriously delicious potato chips I cannot find anywhere else. I'm hooked on Nantucket Gourmet.
Like my review? Like me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter!
@NantucketFoodie