“This place is a Gem.”

Ships Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ships Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 141 Restaurants in Nantucket
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Framingham, Massachusetts
“This place is a Gem.”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

It was the week of July 4th, all the restaurants on the island were packed, but this place is off the beaten path and I took a chance there may be a few empty seats at the bar. There were, my friend and I settled in and had a wonderful meal. The bar prices are fair, and they make a good drink. The food is always the best. I've eaten here for years and I must confess I've never had a bad meal here. This place maybe hard to find but it is worth seeking out.

• Visited July 2014

“Welcome on a Rainy Evening”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Had lovely dinner here on a recent rainy evening. Warm and welcoming service, cozy ambience and stellar food. Decor nautical and very attractive. One of the best on Nantucket.

Nantucket, Massachusetts
“Love Ship's Inn!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We've been dining at Ship's Inn for years. Love the atmosphere. For some reason, the clientele mostly dress for dinner here, which is becoming rare, but which I appreciate. You feel like you are really going to someplace special. The food is delicious, but the menu could use a few new dishes. I feel like I know it by heart! Service impeccable, and prices are the going rate for Nantucket.

Memphis, Tennessee
“Outstanding”
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I always love Ship's Inn but our last trip was too outstanding not to mention. The atmosphere is delightfully low key and Bob Maulder is a wonderful host. Andre makes a killer mojito, and the Dory Bar is an intimate place to kill a few minutes before sitting at table. On this visit I ordered the special, which was billed as "chef-caught tuna". Yes the chef doubles as a commercial fisherman and he actually had caught the fish he was serving. I do not exaggerate when I say that I think it was the best meal I have had in more than a decade of visits to Nantucket. Service was wonderful and the prices are always fair (by Nantucket standards). I hesitate to tell about this secret gem but this meal earned it. I am including a photo of the beautiful entree presentation as well.

1 Thank HowardMemphis
Fleming Island, Florida
“Southern girl goes north”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The breakfast was a different great experience every morning,the food was great. The dinners were very good and plated beautifully. The wait staff was so good our glass never got 1/2empty before they were refilled. The server was a very experienced young lady and very interesting.Bob the manger was so warm and welcoming .

• Visited September 2013