“Old Nantucket”

Ships Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ships Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 140 Restaurants in Nantucket
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Nantucket
“Old Nantucket”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

So many restaurants on Nantucket think they are in Manhattan. This is the Nantucket we all fell in love with. Charm, flowers, hospitality and wonderful food.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank johnstonstudios

Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic breakfast”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Homemade everything for breakfast. Yummy, many choices from quiche to casseroles. Everything is fresh from the muffins to the juice

Visited September 2012
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
“Just OK”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Went during restaurant week and had the $45, three courses special that included an appetizer, entrée and desert.
Ceaser Salads were fair but Butternut Soup was very good.

I had a Ground Buffalo meat steak of some sort with Goat Cheese. The cheese was very good but that was about it for the meat. Sides were fair.

I had Chocolate soufflé and my wife had the other choice, mine was much better.

I will say the other couple and my wife had the same $45 special except they had the scallops and all liked theirs very much.

I would not do the $45 special either jjust go off menu

• Visited September 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
“one of my favorites on Nantocket”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I have gone to this restaurant every year since they opened. Called to confirm my reservation, only to find I had the wrong night. They were very accomodating and got me in that that night. They are not on Open Table, wish they were. It would have helped with with the right night. I'm also a big fan of Open Table.
The place is very charming and the service was great. I had the softshell crab special. They are one of my favorites and were prepared just right with a wonderful lemon sauce. My wife had the Halibut. She said it was OK, good but not great. We both had the chocolate souflee, which was terrific.
Loved their wine list. Lots of choices in the $40 to $60 range. Many of the Restaurants on Nantucket have only a few moderately priced wines available and lots of higher priced bottles. Since I almost always have a bottle of wine with my meals, this just runs the cost of the meal up.

Madison, New Jersey
“Good but not great”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I was a little disappointed with our dinner here. First, we sat downstairs and the decor really needs some work. The appitizers were good--I had the Cesar salad and my husband had lobster bisque. Our entrees were not that good. My husband had the halibut and it was a little dry. I had the duck bolognese and I just didn't really care for it. The dessert menu looked good, but we didn't order any. I won't be going back there again for dinner.

Visited August 2012