“as nantucket as it gets”

Le Languedoc Inn & Bistro
Ranked #25 of 141 Restaurants in Nantucket
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
South Orange, New Jersey
“as nantucket as it gets”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

very friendly atmospher alan and jimmy greet every one the same ..make sure you eat downstairs..both cafe menu and formal are superb for what your looking for. best hamberger on the island but full menu and fair wine list is great...ackeyes

Visited July 2013
2 Thank ackeyes

Boston, Massachusetts
“Good spot”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I dine here multiple times every summer and mostly I have had positive experiences. I enjoy the oysters and the specials they have daily. The clams linguini is perfect with the correct amount of broth and clams. The steak frites are amazing when a good peice of meat is used (have had bad peices of meat before, very tough). It comes with bernaise sauce dripped over the sliced meat alongside crispy French fries. I do have to say my favorite here in the burger as the cheese blankets the burger patty but I think you can only order that outside. Overall I would give Languaduc and A- for overall restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
“A favorite”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Reservations are a must. Atmosphere and food are wonderful but service is cold and prices high. I wouldn't expect to be treated well here unless youre a know regular but my husband and I love the atmosphere and menu so we keep coming back. This was our third year running.

• Visited August 2012
Provincetown, Massachusetts
“An excellent choice for an upscale meal on an upscale island!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We made reservations for five for the BIstro on a busy Sunday evening in June. The downstairs Bistro is small and busy; the only available time was 6:15, which was fine with us. The service was friendly, professional and unobtrusive. I dropped my napkin on the floor and a new one arrived instantly like magic! All five of us enjoyed a variety of appetizers including salads and a lobster bisque. The entrees were exceptional, though pricey. On the other hand, this is Nantucket. The wine list is diverse, impressive and pricey, although we managed to find an excellent and relatively 'inexpensive' ($42) French Sauvignon Blanc. Perhaps the highlight of the meal were the deserts. The lemon souffle, made in house, was outstanding. Le Languedoc is a perfect choice for a special night out on a special island.

• Visited June 2013
Provincetown, Massachusetts
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We made reservations in advance (highly recommended) and were not disappointed. Our party of 5 was greeted cheerfully and seated immediately. The service was superb, professional and our servers paid great attention to detail. Four out of five of us ordered the duck confit pasta dish and we were all impressed. Don't forget to order dessert! Our lemon soufflé cake was one of the most amazing desserts any of us have ever had! Don't miss Le Languedoc if you are visiting Nantucket!

Visited June 2013