“Not great”

Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I met a friend from NYC there for dinner during the wine festival. The food was not great - nothing special - mediocre. Service was excellent. It has a great reputation, so we were surprised that the food was just okay.

1  Thank NWS2012

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We've eaten in them all and rated most of their lobster dishes and La Languedoc has won!
Cozy downstairs area, bar seating needs a reservation, huh? but neat place to sit. There is other seating in the large converted house upstairs. Try the burger off the bar menu with garlic fries, WOW
but if you're in the mood for the most tasty and moist lobster on island GO...

1  Thank AspenFoodie
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Friends recommended the more casual downstairs bistro. We preferred the more formal upstairs dining rooms. The two rooms on the street side are nicer than the back room. Great meal upstairs or down.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We had heard good things about Languedoc, so we stopped by in the afternoon and made a reservation for 8 p.m. with the lady on duty. When we arrived, the host said the guests at our table were finishing up, and he suggested we have a drink at the bar. At 8:35 we’d heard nothing further, and I went up to him and asked what was up. He offered no apology, just told me brusquely that this was café style dining, as if to say I shouldn’t have expected to be seated on time. I replied that in that case the lady shouldn’t have taken our reservation. As I returned to the bar, he said quite loudly to the bartender, “Well, I WAS going to buy them their drinks, but now I’m not going to.” After that, there was no way we were going to enjoy our meal, so we decided to leave. The bartender graciously refused payment for our drinks; I left her a tip and told her she’d been very nice, although her boss was as rude as anyone I’ve ever encountered in a restaurant.

2  Thank John L
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Over the years I've been to le languedoc many times. It never disappoints. The food, the service, the atmosphere, always impeccable.