“"Relax And Enjoy A Great Lunch"”

Centre Street Bistro
Ranked #19 of 144 Restaurants in Nantucket
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I love Centre Street Bistro for lunch. The indoor seating is limited, but they have outdoor seating when the weather allows. The Crispy Chicken Salad is delicious. You can have it as a salad or a wrap. The chicken is crusted with panko crumbs and is truly crispy on the outside, but it's not greasy, and very tender inside. The preparation includes avocado, bacon, tomato and blue cheese and is very light on dressing— just how I like it! The last time I was there I really had to search for evidence of bacon and avocado on my salad, but they were slammed so I didn't make a fuss. That's my only complaint at an otherwise well run restaurant with very tasty food and a pleasant staff.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We struggled to find a great breakfast outside of Black Eyed Susan's while visiting Nantucket, but on our last morning we went to the Centre Street Bistro at the recommendation of our innkeeper at the Chapman House. My boyfriend had the huevos rancheros, and I had the poached eggs with crispy cheese grits. Both were perfectly cooked and totally delicious. Our server was lovely and friendly, the atmosphere was unpretentious, and it was the least expensive meal we had all week. Entirely a breath of fresh air compared to most of the places we went! Our only regret was that we hadn't come for dinner earlier in the week. We'll be back for sure!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Menu is limited (for young picky eaters) However, their salads, dressings & wraps are delicious. Portions quite large. Go ahead and share a wrap and salad.. It's plenty! Small tight seating -

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I don't want to review itbecause I afraid you will love it as much as we do and I won;t be able to get a table.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

The food is always fresh (and vegitarian friendly!!). We love sitting outside and watching the people walk by. Good service and prices! We go everytime we are in Nantucket (and sometimes more then once per trip!)