“relax, youre on vacay”
Review of Brant Point Grill

Brant Point Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Brant Point Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 145 Restaurants in Nantucket
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Walsh and Easton Street
Transit: We are a 5 minute walk from the transportation hub in town.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

if you are looking for a laidback, easygoing happy hour spot away from the busy of town with a great view on the water, perhaps in the shade or on the patio to get good drinks, some quality eats and great service - go here.

JonathanRuppert, Manager at Brant Point Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Hello -

If I may say so, you've nailed it!! This is a great review highlighting the experience we provide for our guests on a daily basis. Whether you are truly on vacation or just on your day off you can come hang out with us for a few hours and have that "on vacay" vibe. Thank you for this wonderful snapshot of your experience. When you stop back in please ask for me, I would love to meet you in person.

(508) 638-3417

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Old school kind of place, but not stuffy. We had a very high quality lunch there, and great wine. DO leave room for dessert, and have the red beet churros - utterly spectacular!

JonathanRuppert, Manager at Brant Point Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Hello -

Thank you for your great review. I do pride myself on our style of service, quality but friendly. We really want the service staff to connect with all of our guests. The churros are a new dessert that we are trying this season. I am glad that you enjoyed yourself. Please let me know if you dine again. I would like to meet you in person.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We ate dinner outside at the Brant Point Grill. The arugula salad was excellent, the skirt steak
fair. The service was attentive. We asked to look at the small plate menu for future visits. They had the arugula salad with chicken or shrimp and since we enjoyed the dinner salad so much we came back another night for a lighter meal. Fortunately we ordered shrimp cocktail because the salad was beyond disappointing. Minimal cubes of chicken were sprinkled over a very pared down dinner salad. There are so many good restaurants on Nantucket, we can't say we would return to the Brant Point Grill.

Hello -

Thank you for your candid feedback. It looks as if we missed the mark with your meal. We added a larger salad section to our Lite Bites Bar menu and our Lunch menu. The salads should be large and filling, definitely not the size you described. I would really like to make it up to you. If you would like to give us a second chance, please contact me directly and I will handle your reservations personally.

Respectfully,

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Have lunch or dinner on the patio. Nice relaxed atmosphere and good food. Thought the mussels were best here. Service is friendly and not as snooty as some of the other high end restaurants. The price is what you would expect for the location and view, but we thought it was worth it.

Hello -

Thank you very much for such a positive review. The mussels we offered were a special that day and I have to admit I had them as well. Very yummy. I am glad to hear you had great experience with us. I pride myself on the high level of service with a very friendly and comfortable energy. It looks like we hit the mark. Please let me know when you choose to dine with us again. I would like to meet you in person.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had 2 meals at Brant Point and they were both excellent . The service is fabulous and the food innovative and delicious. They were very gracious accommodating my gluten allergy. The view is charming- you look out over the water and it was so much fun watching the boats and the children playing in the beach. The atmosphere was so relaxed we wound up chatting with the other guests which was fun. I can highly recommend this restaurant- order the lobster Bloody Marys!

Hello -

Thank you so much for such a great review. At the Brant Point Grill we take allergies seriously. We want all guests to feel welcome and safe. This is great to see that it has translated to you, our guest. I met with the Chef last week and we are putting together a complete GF menu. You should make it back in and let us know how we did. Please contact me directly to assist with reservations.