“Cozy and comfortable”
Review of Boarding House

Boarding House
Reserve with OpenTable
Boarding House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 141 Restaurants in Nantucket
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: India
Description: Chef-Owners Seth and Angela Raynor, and Chef-de-Cuisine Tony Adams know that on Nantucket, you don’t need to look far to find a bounty of fresh, organic ingredients. Using produce from local farms, seafood caught daily by local fishermen, and regional heritage meats, the Boarding House offers authentic farm-to-table cuisine served with a focus on old school hospitality. The Boarding House is situated in the heart of Nantucket’s historic downtown; the glowing cellar dining room, lovely patio, and lively bar continually deliver stellar dinners, great drinks, and Best of Boston award-winning weekend brunch. The Boarding House holds Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence for its unique collection of wines, champagnes, and roses. The veteran bar team craft both classic and innovative cocktails, anchored by a notable collection of small-batch bourbons and spirits. We look forward to welcoming you to the Boarding House.
Richmond, Virginia
“Cozy and comfortable”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

A cozy and comfortable place to dine, especially on the chilly and raining evening we visited. The squash soup was exceptional.

Visited October 2012

Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Don't miss this place. Dining outside or inside it's great. Comfortable and a popular spot. A little pricy, but what isn't on Nantucket. A favorite spot of mine, great if you are solo

Nantucket, Massachusetts
“Memorable Food”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We went to Boarding House for a special anniversary dinner. I had called ahead to make sure we got a nice table, given the occasion, and was told we were at the "favorite table" of the person on the other end of the phone. When we arrived and were seated it turned out to be a table directly at the kitchen door. Every time someone came or went the bright lights of the kitchen flashed as the door opened and closed. We did not last more than a few minutes there. I told the hostess it wouldn't work and, to her credit, she seated us at a nice table in the main room. I can't imagine anyone being happy at that first table, anniversary or not, but I was happy that we were moved. We then proceeded to have a lovely meal, and were even brought complimentary glasses of champagne, which was a very nice gesture. The food was not only delicious, it was extraordinary. I had a fantastic gravlax appetizer, and for my main course, a skirt steak with a red onion marmalade and watercress. I enjoyed every bite, and the portion was large enough that I took home the last few pieces. It was incredibly good even reheated for lunch the next day. Dessert was the least exciting part of the meal but was still very good.

1 Thank Lauren K
Toronto, Canada
“Subterrainean Surprise”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

It is always fun to arrive at a dinner reservation for two and become part of a much larger party. While we were seated at a table for two it was not difficult to "listen in" on the conversation around us. I was very interested in what my neighbours were having for dinner to help me choose my own selection. A conversation with the table to my left began a conversation with the table to my right and a delightful evening of good food, new friends and good wine (although a bit pricey for the vintage). The menu allowed for a lot of latitude in selection and although that sometimes worries me, because I do not think a chef can do everything well, our dinner was excellent and the staff very helpful and friendly. This would not be my choice of a place for a romantic dinner but is a great choice for good food, good service and good fun!

• Visited September 2012
Rehoboth MA
“Little gem”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We ended up at a bar table to get some drinks and appetizers before a play. What a delight. Everything was beautifully prepared, cheese board, mussels, etc. If you are looking for a light bite or something more substantial, check it out.