“very pleased with food & service”
Review of A. K. Diamond's

A. K. Diamond's
Ranked #65 of 140 Restaurants in Nantucket
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Colorado Springs, CO
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,019 helpful votes
“very pleased with food & service”
Reviewed October 15, 2006

We ate here for two reasons (1) we had a voucher (2) it was in walking distance from our hotel. I was very pleasantly surprised! I didn't think I would be so impressed after reading the other review but am so glad we ate here. In fact, we ate here twice!

They seated us upstairs near the salad bar. The salad bar had a huge variety and very fresh veggies with lots of other fixings (pepperoni, sunflower seeds, etc) and hot fresh bread loaves too! The best bread I've eaten! There is a hidden curtain behind the salad bar and I watched them continuously replenish the salad choices with fresh veggies and other options - very impressive!

We had two kids with us and they gave them these toy play-dough type sticks to play with & make figures with and they got to keep them! My kids were happy! The kids meals were good portions of hot food - the chicken tenders were excellent!

My husband had a rolled stuffed fish that was very good. Even the sides were excellent - homemade mashed potatoes, and cubed baked sweetened butternut squash! I have never eaten squash prepared that way and it was totally excellent!

We like it so much there that we ate there again - chicken tenders again plus the lobster roll which came with pasta salad - both excellent!

It is definately worth your time to eat here! It was by far the best place we ate at on the whole island - and it didn't cost us a fortune either! A+

2 Thank nowincolorado

Connecticut
“Better choices available”
Reviewed September 13, 2006

Setting across the street from the airport, expectations were not very high, but almost every place we have eaten in Natucket has been pretty great. This was very average. The service okay (we were just about the only ones there, so it should have been better. Servers were distracted by their friends outside.) The food is burgers and salads with a few cranberries thrown in, but mostly forgettable. Seems to be trying too hard to be something it is not. Menu definitely not popular with the kids, which is a shame, because many of the island restaraunts are a bit fancy for them, and this would be a nice choice for familes if they could figure out what they are trying to be. Probably good reason it is #41!

2 Thank StraightWharf