“Great Bar Dining”

A. K. Diamond's
Ranked #91 of 144 Restaurants in Nantucket
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We arrived late, just before they stopped serving and ate at the bar. I had fish and chips and my wife had their wings. We both had mixed drinks in tall glasses and had a great time hanging out with a few locals and the bartender. Food was good and it was a great place for dinner for tWo weary travelers looking for comfort food and cocktails.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Our family of 4 is spending 12 days on Nantucket, and we are trying a few of the family-oriented restaurants - less formal, less expensive, less haute cuisine than many of the highly rated places on the island. We arrived at 7 p.m. on a Friday, expecting to have to wait, and fortunately there were tables available. The restaurant is on two floors, and there is also outdoor eating, so they can accomodate quite a few diners. We ordered the swordfish, sirloin tips (shared between my wife and our 7-year old - no objection and no extra charge for sharing), and a pepperoni pizza. But first we tried the salad bar - very fresh, lots of variety (e.g. 4-5 different pickles, olives, crumbled blue cheese, in addition to the lettuce, spinach and usual fare; oh, and dried cranberries, a local favorite of the Cape and Nantucket). Quite a pleasure!
Our entrees arrived 15 or 20 minutes later, which was perfect timing, and each dish was delicious. I don't have any suggestions on how AK Diamond's can improve in meeting the needs of a family dining out - so they get all 5 stars!

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We had a $50 voucher from our hotel and I am so sorry we chose to use it here !! The place smelled very musty and dirty and I could not wait to get out of there !! I only ordered pizza since I would not have trusted anything else from there. The owners need to completely clean that place and brighten it up. I cannot imagine what the kitchen is like ! I would never go back there. !

Reviewed July 3, 2011

My husband, 2 teenagers and I were in Nantucket in early June and were ok with going to AK Diamonds for their Early Bird special: 25% off a limited menu. The place is hard to find - it is off Macy Lane near the airport; as soon as you turn on to May Lane, look to your right and it's right there behind a few trees.

The entrance brings you in by their first floor bar, so if you don't mind taking stairs, ask for a table on the 2nd floor. We've been there before, and the place only has a few tables occupied at this time of day, yet they inevitably try to seat us near the bathroom. If you ask to be moved, they are morethan happy to do so (but watch the next people come in and get seated in that same booth).

Aside from those negatives, the bread on the salad bar is wonderful, and the salad bar itself not too bad. The entrees aren't huge, but there is a decent amount of food that is pretty good. Not like some of the more pricey establishments on Main Street, but still good.

The cost after the 25% off isn't too bad by Nantucket standards. Just be sure there is something on the menu you and your guests will like.

Reviewed October 15, 2006

We ate here for two reasons (1) we had a voucher (2) it was in walking distance from our hotel. I was very pleasantly surprised! I didn't think I would be so impressed after reading the other review but am so glad we ate here. In fact, we ate here twice!

They seated us upstairs near the salad bar. The salad bar had a huge variety and very fresh veggies with lots of other fixings (pepperoni, sunflower seeds, etc) and hot fresh bread loaves too! The best bread I've eaten! There is a hidden curtain behind the salad bar and I watched them continuously replenish the salad choices with fresh veggies and other options - very impressive!

We had two kids with us and they gave them these toy play-dough type sticks to play with & make figures with and they got to keep them! My kids were happy! The kids meals were good portions of hot food - the chicken tenders were excellent!

My husband had a rolled stuffed fish that was very good. Even the sides were excellent - homemade mashed potatoes, and cubed baked sweetened butternut squash! I have never eaten squash prepared that way and it was totally excellent!

We like it so much there that we ate there again - chicken tenders again plus the lobster roll which came with pasta salad - both excellent!

It is definately worth your time to eat here! It was by far the best place we ate at on the whole island - and it didn't cost us a fortune either! A+

2  Thank nowincolorado