“poor customer service, small portion(s), they charge for bread(?!)”
Review of Black-Eyed Susan's

Black-Eyed Susan's
Ranked #11 of 144 Restaurants in Nantucket
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2013

They're doing YOU a favor.
1.Stopped by at lunchtime to make a dinner reservation ....and was told that I would have to come back after 2:30 or to call after that time. Hmmm? For the customer's convenience?
2. Arrived ten minutes early for our 6pm res and were asked to wait outside. Feeling so special.
3. We were their first customers. In the ten minutes we waited, three other couples arrived and waited outside w/us. At 6pm someone came out w/a clip board instructing us that she would take those w/6pm reservations first (like we're going on a field trip) and proceeded to take the other two couples w/res. Well, one couple got the window seat. Another took the table in the far back. When it was finally our turn, we asked to sit at the remaining window table...and were told that she wanted to seat the elderly couple there (who had just arrived.) I guess age has its privileges. We got a seat in the middle. I faced the wall, my husband sat on the backless bench. So special.
4. Ridiculously small portion: My "dinner" was scallops for $29.00. There were ... THREE. Swirled around these was approx 1/8 cup of quinoa.
5. Bread please? "Bread is available for $3.00."Huh? I guess you pay for chips at Chili's, but I don't think I'd ever paid for bread before...but we were starving so we splurged and bought the 1/4 loaf of sourdough.
DON'T GO HERE.

1  Thank dorothy m

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

We occasionally eat here since it is walking distance. Food is usually great but boy did we have an off season experience. First of all, our service was horrible. Ask for January when making a reservation and all will be right in the world. Our service was horrible tonight with too many reasons to mention.
Never order the mixed green salad.....$10.00 for a hand full of organic lettuce...nothing more. jist a handful of lettuce. i never complain about prices but this was outrageous. I couldn't even get plain vinegar with this order.
Our food otherwise was fine. Nothing spectacular tonight. Eating at the bar would have been a better experience than with our waitress. Like I previously stated...ask for January. Don't think ill be returning soon. There are too many places with good food that actually appreciate your business. Things have changed here in the past year

1  Thank Twittpugmom
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Dinner- Very- Busy yes!! Food good yes, but I felt I was in a hot cave! Waitresses were awesome and attentive but, for the overall experience, I'd say I'd say I wish the owner had been there to say "Hi"given that it was such a small place.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

What a terrific little place this is and the breakfast can't be beat. Great staff -- friendly and excellent service. I'm a connoisseur of cheese grits and these rank in my top 5. Please don't miss this stop. We did last year but made it in on our last day of vacation this year. We won't miss it again, that's for sure!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This was a very good restaurant. I had a mediterranean Chicken dish, and my wife had halibut. Both dishes were delicious. We had a great time with the waitress who was a lot of fun as was the hostess who spent time talking with us. The only issues I had was it is BYOB and they only take cash, no credit cards. So if that's ok with you, don't miss it cause the food is great