“Breakfast and dinner”

Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Morristown, New Jersey
“Breakfast and dinner”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I had breakfast and dinner at BES's and both
were excellent. The food was fresh and perfectly prepared. The service was warm and attentive. No wonder there are always lines!

Visited August 2013

Ithaca, New York
“Refreshing antithesis to your typical Nantucket joint.”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Think of a diner... But slightly upscale compared to most diners, and more cozy/homey. That's how this place seemed to me. I liked how real it was for Nantucket.
The food fits the same description, upscale homey diner food. A little greasy, a little heavy, and delicious. Something noteworthy: optional 100% maple syrup served with pancakes (for an additional $2- So worth it!). We went on a Sunday for brunch. The wait was long, but it's for a reason. Refreshing change of pace for Nantucket. If ever back on the island, I will remember to return here so I don't lose myself in pastel clothing.

• Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Average food but not for young families”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I would like to give the food a 3 and the experience a 1, so I settled on a 2.
We went to this restaurant twice in a week when we stayed on Nantucket in August 2013. The first time was during the week and was just my husband and I. We got there before 8 so no waiting. I had the blueberry pancakes and he had the huevos rancheros. The blueberry pancakes were good, not the best on the island (Sconset Café were the best), and he loved his eggs, though I liked the ones at Fog Island better. Anyway, good experience over all.
The following Saturday, our last day, we brought our 2 children (ages 22 months and 7 months, I know...) and the grandparents. I don't want to get into our long story of personal woe but the teaching points were:
1- Strollers aren't allowed in the restaurant, even folded. They are allowed at the 2 outside tables, but this seating is hard to get so the endless wait is even more endless. Make sure and tell the hostess multiple times that you have a stroller and make sure she repeats it back to you- she's forgetful.
2- They do not have a real high chair. They have something that is one step up from a phone book that does not attach to the chair. It was likely recalled about 20 years ago and is not safe. Hence, you will be holding your wriggling 2 year old and will have blueberry pancakes all over you all day long.
We've been to Nantucket a few times over a few years. People complain about the "Hamptonization" of the island and I feel this restaurant personifies that- the food is average for the island but the attitude is ridiculous. And I'm guessing if it was legal to hang a sign that says "No children," they would do so.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank MCA333
Melbourne, Australia
“Loved the food, great experience”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Walked straight in. Despite the room being so hot, we quickly acclimatised ....the food was some of the best we have eaten in the states. Spicy, delicious, fresh .

Visited September 2013
maryland
“breakfast break”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We expected a wait for breakfast on a weekday during a holiday week, so were pleasantly surprised when the wait turned out to be only 10 minutes or so (for 3 of us -- larger groups would have a longer wait). The staff are very efficient in moving the diners through, and there were quite a few people waiting. We had good meals -- portuguese scramble, eggs benedict, and scrambled with has browns and bacon -- and all were really good. The hash browns were really nicely done. The decor was fun, but atmosphere was very busy and it was very hot inside (there are a few outside tables, which might have been better), so it was not a relaxed breakfast. But I would go again!

• Visited August 2013