“Good Sandwiches in Nice Location”
Review of Something Natural

Something Natural
Ranked #6 of 142 Restaurants in Nantucket
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Number 1 on Nantucket? No! But good sandwiches and a nice outdoor spot (if the weather is good) to eat. My wife and I shared 2 sandwiches, one piled high with salami and provolone on excellent pumpernickel. The second one smoked turkey with Swiss cheese. The bread was great, but the inside a bit bland. Overall a nice experience and a relaxing outdoor lunch.

There are newer reviews for Something Natural

Reviewed October 3, 2012

In early September, we stopped by here on our way to the beach. I ordered a turkey on pumpernickel. It was a very large but extremely bland sandwich. I wound up tossing half of it out - and I was hungry. If you look at my reviews, you'll see that I'm fair and I rarely give poor reviews. I acknowledge that Something Natural is located in a very picturesque setting. I've been eating sandwiches for over 50 years so it's not as though I don't know how to order or eat a sandwich. I honestly think that all of the very high ratings of this sandwich shop is due to the "Nantucket Effect" which prevents many visitors to Nantucket from perceiving things as they are. If you think I'm biased or have an axe to grind, please look at my reviews of some outstanding restaurants on Nantucket.

1  Thank winston_smith_101
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

On a nice day, sitting outside at the picnic tables, with a delicious sandwich - this can't be beat. Lots of choices. A half sandwich is very generous. We arrived at 11:30 and in 15 minutes the place was jammed. Obviously, this is the place to go .

1  Thank noni40
Reviewed September 22, 2012

An amazing spot for everyone. Enormous sandwiches, but they have half servings which are plenty for most of us. Interesting combinations--my fave: "Sheila's".

2  Thank Quidnet
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We rode our bikes over from our beach day. I had discovered this place from one of the travel shows. Could've been Rachel Ray. Everything was super fresh and plenty of outside space for kids to run around. Very clean and casual. My kids really enjoyed their food. I wish I had stayed longer on the island as I would certainly come back the next day. I had a veggie sandwich and my kids had their usual turkey on white. The sandwich featured on the travel show was a thanksgiving themed sandwich with turnkey and cranberry sauce but I did not feel like anything heavy. Will order it next time. I really liked the environment of this establishment, it encourages you to interact with fellow guests. A family picnic type of atmosphere. Very fresh food. They had many other things I wanted to try so perhaps a longer visit next time. I will for sure return here first!

2  Thank mommisalami