“Get there early”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

On a nice day, sitting outside at the picnic tables, with a delicious sandwich - this can't be beat. Lots of choices. A half sandwich is very generous. We arrived at 11:30 and in 15 minutes the place was jammed. Obviously, this is the place to go .

1  Thank noni40

Reviewed September 22, 2012

An amazing spot for everyone. Enormous sandwiches, but they have half servings which are plenty for most of us. Interesting combinations--my fave: "Sheila's".

2  Thank Quidnet
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We rode our bikes over from our beach day. I had discovered this place from one of the travel shows. Could've been Rachel Ray. Everything was super fresh and plenty of outside space for kids to run around. Very clean and casual. My kids really enjoyed their food. I wish I had stayed longer on the island as I would certainly come back the next day. I had a veggie sandwich and my kids had their usual turkey on white. The sandwich featured on the travel show was a thanksgiving themed sandwich with turnkey and cranberry sauce but I did not feel like anything heavy. Will order it next time. I really liked the environment of this establishment, it encourages you to interact with fellow guests. A family picnic type of atmosphere. Very fresh food. They had many other things I wanted to try so perhaps a longer visit next time. I will for sure return here first!

2  Thank mommisalami
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Read the other reviews and consider yourself well advised that the "whole" sandwiches here are gigantic, more than twice the size of a sandwich you would make at home or get in any other sandwich shop. I read it and didn't believe it. The "half" really is bigger than the big sub or sandwich you get at your favorite local sub shop, and one "whole " sandwich will easily feed two people. Ditto for the chocolate chip cookies. And the bags of chips, for that matter. I thought the pricing was fair for the amount of food I got: I ended up getting a whole sandwich, 1 bag of chips, and 1 chocolate chip cookie for $13.64 and was able to get both lunch and dinner out of it (and I even had chips and cookie left over after supper). The sandwich was made exactly as I asked, and the cookie was chewy and mouth-filling, just the way I like it. Be sure to take napkins because the lunch-makers are somewhat inconsistent in packing them with each to-go order. Luckily I had a beach towel with me!

The wait wasn't too long at ~1pm on a weekday in September. I purposefully made a couple of stops on the way from the ferry docks to miss the initial off-the-boat lunchtime rush. There were only a few people in front of me waiting to order, although it did take maybe 10 min or so for my food to be ready, as they seemed to be still a little backed up from the lunch rush. It's an efficient little operation, though.

I took my order to go and headed down to Siasconset beach on my bike for a beach picnic. There is a tiny grocery store there at the end of the bike path where I got a nice cold 14 oz bottle of milk to go with my delicious cookie. Heaven. I will definitely go back to Something Natural if I return to Nantucket.

1  Thank BostonDiner
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Something Natural has great big sandwiches on homemade bread. There is a chalkboard with a long list of customizable sandwiches, and prepared salads and sides... not to mention tempting baked goods. They are afterall a bakery. They make many varieties of bread that are distributed and sold at island grocers... or you can buy right here at the source. The ambiance is great. Even while sitting on the varanda waiting for them to call your name for your sandwich pickup, you just want to exhale and unwind as you overlook a yard strewn with picnic tables among tall trees with kids climbing their branches. My favorite thing at Something Natural are the molassas cookies, sold by the bag. Don't get them if you have loose fillings! Oh yeah, they are very chewy, and "molassassy." Yummmmm...

3  Thank NantucketFoodie