“You May Not Have A Boat”
Review of Rope Walk - CLOSED

Rope Walk
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed September 12, 2013

But, no one will know. This is where the yacht Captain's hang out. Lots of great food and booze. A world class bar only a short walk from where you left your yacht. Plus it seems to be a magnet for the people who want to be seen as having been on Nantucket this (and every) summer.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Sorry.....Because I'm a local Nantucketer and I'm normally very fond of little local places. This experience was just, well, one I wish never to have again. It was EXTREMELY crowded when we went and the service was a bit slow. However, the waitress was nice and the seafood was superb, so I guess that's a plus!

My reason for giving the Ropewalk an average rating is as such: I tend to want to blend in with my fellow locals rather than being a top-notch tourist.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

WE loved the Ropewalk last year, it had a relaxed beachy feel, and the superb location on the harbor it was the perfect place to relax over a few cocktails, and enjoy some tapas style food, without having to sit at a table.

The restaurant is now taken over and called Cru.

The decor is changed to a more upmarket feel, almost as though we were seated on one of the 200 foot yachts berthed at the harbor!!
It does'nt feel the same, but the staff are soooo lovely and the marble countertops remain.
Overall it feels more stiff and formal, but the beauty reamins.
Definitely a treat to eat here ..

Reviewed September 23, 2011

On a recent trip to Nantucket, I had left a group of friends on Straight Wharf and ended up having lunch at the Rope Walk. It was a really good choice. I had a table in the bar area (which was a little noisy) but the view was great, and since it was a warm day, the windows were open. I ordered a turkey sandwich and although not the best I have ever had, the sweet potato fries that came with it more than made up for it. I have never had sweet potatoe fries before, but they are seriously delicious! I would definitely recommend this place for a casual, fun lunch or dinner.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

The locals recommended the Rope Walk. They said to o all the way thru the restaurant to the back that has seating on the waterfront. We did, and they were right. We had drinks and appetizers, which were great. Very scenic and relaxing scene.