“Location, location, location”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We have had many lunches outdoors overlooking the water at Ropewalk. It doesn't rank really high in the food category, but the food isn't bad. The fish sandwich special I had was really delicious. It may be "touristy" but years ago we were there when Walter Cronkite was there and another when Ted Kennedy was there. There is no better location and if the harbor or the wharf isn't why you came to Nantucket, then eat inland. The Galley has a great location, too, but a different water view and much more $$$.

Reviewed August 22, 2010

There were four people in our party. The service was terrible and the waiter was careless. We were not given forks, spoons or knives until we asked for them. The food was just okay. My husband and I had soup and raw oysters which were good, unless the seafood is bad it is going to be good. My friends did not have seafood and they thought the hamburger was dry for the price of 15 dollars. I thought the price was high for the quality of food. I would never eat there again.

1  Thank sufo1
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Here's what you need to know about the Rope Walk: There was very little room to maneuver, napkins and utensils had to be requested or they wouldn't have appeared, my slightly-above-average hamburger was $15, and the waiter who took our order also cleared the table, and he carelessly spilled clam/oyster plate contents all over my legs and shoes. A horrifying experience for someone who loathes seafood. I received a weak apology and a tiny moistened wipe, and nothing else - not an actual towel, or soap, or even an escort to a bathroom to clean myself. The manager - and he certainly didn't act or dress like one - displayed little empathy, other than to offer this teetotaler a drink. A shower would've been more apropos. Would never go back to this tourist trap! One other thing - the hostess (who was very pleasant and efficient) was bombarded by clientele who seemed to think that waiting for a table is something that others do, not them. The rudeness and disrespect of one man was breathtaking; perhaps one day he'll have the "pleasure" of being doused with clam juice by my inept waiter!

1  Thank Ken1776
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Great view of harbor and sailboats...very close to where ferries dock. Food very average & pricey. Walk into town for better places to eat. Very "touristy"...you won't find any "locals" here!!!

1  Thank jandchamill
Reviewed September 24, 2009

The lobster roll was surprisingly flavorless. The fries appeared to be frozen & the calamari was way too sweet.

2  Thank jas7437