“Great dinner spot!”

Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Federal and Centre
Description: Dune, new to Nantucket in 2009, is a creation of Michael Getter, formerly of 21 Federal and American Seasons restaurants. The décor in our three distinct dining rooms is a blend of sophisticated elegance and soothing comfort. Along with our exotic quartzite bar and charming patio we offer an extensive selection of handcrafted cocktails, wines, spirits and cordials along with offering full lunch, dinner and dessert menus. The ever changing menu showcases an innovative selection of the finest in seasonal local produce, fish and meats from regional farms and select purveyors. During the summer season we serve lunch and dinner daily. Bar opens at 5:00pm every day.
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I'd definitely recommend this restaurant and would come again as it was our favorite dinner during our stay in Nantucket this summer! Everything from the atmosphere to the food was great. We had a group of 8 and got a table in a room upstairs that was shared with one other bigger party. I can't speak on behalf on each individual dish everyone got, but everyone did love their choices! Several of us had the roasted red and gold beet salad, which was great as an appetizer. I had the Murray's Farms Breast of Chicken. The savory bread pudding that came with it with a watermelon feta salad and pomegranate honey was awesome! Several others got the Sautéed Local Cod that had a delicious crust on It while being perfectly flaky on the inside. Although I didn't taste it, one other person in our group had the seasonal vegetable risotto, and it looked amazing!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We tried a few appetizers, including the gazpacho, short ribs and tuna sashimi. All delicious. In particular, the gazpacho was excellent - fresh, savory and creative - and no bell peppers. For a girl with a bell pepper allergy I was thrilled to try this recipe. My only regret was I didn't try the short rib but everyone else said it was amazing. My suggestion would be to order many appetizers and share a few entrees. The service was very good considering its high season in a resort town. I would absolutely recommend this restaurant to anyone that enjoys good food!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We have a home on the island and seemed to stay with our standard spots. I am glad we deviated and chose Dune last night. We called Dune at the last minute to make a reservations, they were lovely on the phone and asked if we minded sitting on the patio. We checked in, had a drink at the tiny back bar, bartender could not have been nicer. She made a great non alcoholic drink for my teenage son. We had the short rib special, carpaccio, tuna apps. All a hit! For dinner I split the delicious sea bass special. Two at the table ordered the steak, one tuna and all were happy.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was our favorite meal on the island. The menu had a good variety of options with inspired dishes. I had the cod and the beet salad. Both were excellent. Everyone at the table was very happy with their selections. The wine list is expansive and they offered a number of interesting and tasty cocktails. Service was attentive and knowledgeable without being stuffy. The atmosphere is very stylish and modern. It is a little loud, but we were there on a packed night at a prime time. Would definitely return.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We had such a wonderful dinner. My husband had the oysters which he said was the best he ever had. I had the beet salad which was small but delicious. For our entrees we had the swordfish and the fluke . Both were mouth watering uniquely prepared. Our server Colleen was very attentive and very sweet. Would highly recommend Dune!!